Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:14:47 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Luk Clutch do no come preset. Come inside  (Read 2499 times)
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2012, 12:12:27 AM »

Buy your OE replacement at Partgeeks.com
Here was how it came in the mail. 2 bearing and spine 150 shipped since I bought insurance

Now here is where the problem is

The springs are not fully compressed. This means that you will wear down your clutch faster over time since its not fully retraced. Also the range of the self-adjusting clutch is also reduced

Here is where it is marked.

After I had someone do the preset for me.

The press on all the fingers evenly.

This is the result. The spring is fully compressed and the bar is all the way to the right where it should be.

now what does this matter? It matter because most people or shop do not have the LUK pressure plate setting tool. The tool is about 1000 bucks.

Another happy 100K for this clutch. Cheesy

This only applies to OE replacement. It does not apply to the CM kits since the OEM/OE are self-adjusting clutches.

As a side note. I would order replacement flywheel bolts and pressure plate bolts. its about 30 bucks worth, but that a small price to pay for piece of mind.

Here the tool that honda uses.

Here is video on youtube
Mounting of Self - Adjusting Clutch SAC on a car using 400 0237 10 LuK - YouTube

So make sure whoever is doing your clutch knows how to do this. Or else your going to end up spending additional money in the long run cuz your clutch died early.

YOUR WELCOME!:thmsup:

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012