Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:25:54 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile]Silver Bullet  (Read 39081 times)
Silver Bullet

Reputation Power: 2
Silver Bullet pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2012, 03:37:05 AM »

About Me:
Interests:Cars, music, Metal Gear series, health & fitness

About My Car:
Model:2006 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 w/Navigation
Color:Alabaster Silver
Engine:J30A5
Tranny:6MT

Current Mods
Engine/Drivetrain
AEM V2 CAI
NRG Torque Damper
Port & Polished Intake Manifold by Thisaznboi88
Port & Polished Intake Runners by Thisaznboi88
XLR8 62A Motor Mounts
XLR8 J-Pipe V2
RV6 Ceramic Coated Precat Deletes
Custom Grounding Kit by 365 MotorSports
Apexi WS2 Cat-back Exhaust

Suspension/Brakes/Wheels
XLR8 ISC N1 Coilovers
Skunk2 Front Camber Kit
Ingalls Rear Camber Kit
TL-S 27mm Solid Front Sway Bar
TL-S 20mm Rear Sway Bar
TL-S 17x8 +45 wheels

Interior/Electronics
CT-Engineering Short Shifter Adaptor
Pioneer AVH-P8400B
Crimestopper Backup Camera

Exterior
Smoked Inspire Headlamps
Smoked Fog Lights
HFP Front Lip
HFP Rear Lip
03-05 HFP Side Skirts
Custom Decklid Spoiler by Leo
Color-matched CF Roof spoiler
Color-matched CF Hood w/Aerocatch Hood Latches

Mods Awaiting Installation
None at the moment

Future Mods & Plans
Custom Dual TB by Paul
Wheels, either Work VS-XX or BBS LM
J32 swap or J35/36
Pay car off

Car History
I originally had a 2007 Accord Coupe EX-L 4cyl/5AT and I got bored of it. So I saved up some money for down payment and after waiting for two years, I found a 2006 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6MT within 50 miles and traded in my Accord at the end of 2011. After a year of owning, I got out of a 3 year relationship and finally started modding very quickly. At this point, I am slowly building up while paying my car notes. I have ~$7k left w/4 yr finance and I wanna pay it off early by the the end of this year before starting on my J36/37 engine build.

Pictures

« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 04:39:17 PM by Silver Bullet » Logged

2006 AV6 6MT

'Like' this page if you're a J-Series fanatic!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Honda-J-Series/329047293778085
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 09:39:55 AM »

Only took you 3 years to make a profile thread, huh Jon?

Hahaha.  Just giving you shit man.  Post pics anyway.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 01:03:51 PM »

In for the J build.... and pix. Smiley

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 12:12:22 AM »

Only took you 3 years to make a profile thread, huh Jon?

Hahaha.  Just giving you shit man.  Post pics anyway.

ahaha I was hoping noone would notice. I used to lurk but then I kinda fell out of modding the Accord because I had girlfriend/school to worry about. But now I have time and money Smiley

@Hecreated487, It'll be a while before I get to the J37 build because of the car notes but for now I'm gonna build what I have until it dies. I'll try to post pics tomorrow. Gotta get an alignment done. Car has a lot of negative camber in rear right tire.

2006 AV6 6MT

Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 04:42:23 PM »

Bump, just got my car back. I been having problems with my alignment and it turns out the j-power rear camber kit bushings went bad. I highly suggest everyone to stay away from these. I was told it was the exact same thing as the ingalls but cheaper. Apparently the rubber bushings are too soft. I only had these on for a month. And after I had an alignment one day, my car started wiggling like the wheels wanted to pop off or as it the lug nuts weren't tightened.

So I ordered a set of Ingalls rear camber kit and I just got them installed and aligned. Hopefully everything is good. I'll take pics tomorrow after I wash the car.

2006 AV6 6MT

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 10:15:02 PM »

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.  Sometimes you can save money and get a good deal on quality parts, but when you get cheap parts that say they are "the same as, but cheaper", it's usually because they cut corners and poorly copy the original design and use lower quality materials.  Glad to hear you decided to replace them with something a bit better.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 02:55:36 PM »

Yeah...I'm not one to cheap out on my car either. I'll pay more for superior quality but at the same time I will be frugal too. I uploaded a picture but I can't seem to make it bigger. Photobucket has changed since I last used it ages ago..

2006 AV6 6MT

Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 01:05:14 AM »

Just got the sway bars installed today. I went with the TL-S 27.0mm solid front sway bar. It is NOT a direct bolt on. I had a spacer machined and now the fitment is perfect. No play whatsoever. The car handles very well! Smoked Inspire headlights will be installed tomorrow. Will update with pics!  Grin

2006 AV6 6MT

Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 01:17:51 AM »

I'm jealous of the headlights Huh?. Where did you buy them from?
Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 01:54:44 AM »

I bought them from another person who was selling his Accord. The lights are in good shape, according to the pics. I'd say a 9.5/10 and best of all 100% plug and play Smiley Just crossing my fingers and hoping the lights don't get damaged in shipping.

2006 AV6 6MT

Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 02:09:15 AM »

Oh sweet, good stuff man. What was the $damage?
Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 02:55:51 AM »

He wanted $1200 shipped via paypal but me and several other members thought it was a bit high, considering most people have sold theirs for a lot less. $550-800 shipped. So given the condition and that the HID kit + wiring harness + misc parts come with it, I offered a price that was in between. So $950 shipped. He also threw in some 3000k foglight bulbs hehe.

2006 AV6 6MT

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 06:47:11 AM »

Who was selling their Inspires?  $1200 is a bit optimistic for them.  Was it the OEM HID's that came with them too?

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 07:47:08 AM »

I remember that guy. He kept shooting everyone down since he thought his lights were made with gold or some shit.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 08:28:08 AM »

You can get them new from BPT for $1050.  Not sure how the price goes up from being used.  Maybe he rubbed one out on them to make the difference in price? 

Tim
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012