Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:26:03 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear Shocks eating Tire?  (Read 3564 times)
Anthony212

Reputation Power: 2
Anthony212 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »

Sup guys I have no idea if this is even the right place to put it lol. Anyway as some of you may no I put the 09 honda accord rims on my car (P225/50 R17). Replacing my stock the old 03 16" rims. Iv'e had the new tires on since July, and just recently the last 2 months I have been needing to put air in the rear passenger tire every 3-4 days. I didn't get around to looking at it since I was busy with school, and work. Today I noticed I had a total flat and you could hear the air escape when filling it up. So I took the tire off and put on my temp. Looking at the tire this is what I found all along the inner area of the tire. Now I honesty don't know if it is the shocks that would do that, or could it be that I needed an alignment? I checked my other tires and they were fine.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 12:28:12 AM »

Is your suspension stock?  Kinda looks like excessive camber wear to me.  When was the last time you had an alignment?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 01:24:16 AM »

That my friend is run flat damaged. This meaning, you ran on your tire flat for some time, and the sidewall is damaged due to being ran flat. The indication of that you had to put air in your tires every 3-4 days states that you had a puncture somewhere in the tire. I see this on a daily basis. An alignment or struts/shocks won't cause a wear on the sidewall of the tire. An alignment and shocks/struts will cause wear on the edge of the tire.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 07:49:45 AM »

Now instead of paying $15 to patch the tire you'll be spending $150+ to replace it.   Sad
Anthony212

Reputation Power: 2
Anthony212 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 12:13:51 PM »

Is your suspension stock?  Kinda looks like excessive camber wear to me.  When was the last time you had an alignment?
Suspension is stock, had last alignment maybe last year

That my friend is run flat damaged. This meaning, you ran on your tire flat for some time, and the sidewall is damaged due to being ran flat. The indication of that you had to put air in your tires every 3-4 days states that you had a puncture somewhere in the tire. I see this on a daily basis. An alignment or struts/shocks won't cause a wear on the sidewall of the tire. An alignment and shocks/struts will cause wear on the edge of the tire.

In that case lesson learned the hard way and FML  Cry , thanks for the input though

Now instead of paying $15 to patch the tire you'll be spending $150+ to replace it.   Sad

Ya tell me about it.....

MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 06:28:49 PM »

The good thing is that you didn't have a blow out and caused more serious damages to yourself or others.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 09:20:46 PM »

Same thing happened to me last week. Had a flat at like 9 o'clock at night. Two blocks away from my house. I was too lazy to change it. So I drove 3 blocks back home. The next morning I throw the donut on and go to get the tire fixed. The guy popped the tire off the Tim and showed me the inside. The rim ate up the tire. Sucks.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012