Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:52:22 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible to make passenger window auto up/down?  (Read 8253 times)
quickkick127

Reputation Power: 0
quickkick127 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2012, 12:04:05 PM »

I've been wanting to look into this for awhile.  I would really like to replace the passenger switch on the driver door with an auto up/down switch.  Only having one window with that feature kind of defeats the purpose cause you still gotta hold your hand there to move the passenger window.  I've never had the door panel pulled to notice how the power windows are set up, so I'm just looking for anyone who has been in there to let me know if this is even possible.  One exploded view I found of the door makes it look like all the switches are all part of one fixed unit.  If this is correct then I doubt I'd be able to replace a single switch then.  If that is the case, are the 3rd gen TL interiors similar to our cars like the drivetrain parts are? Any chance the Acura line used auto up/down window switches for both passenger and driver?  Thanks for any info.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 01:25:13 PM »

I made my windows all one touch up and down with a DEI 530T added to my security system.  I'd have to look at the install manual to see if it would work without a security system to get what you want it to do.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
quickkick127

quickkick127 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 03:23:59 PM »

I imagine I'd have to at least replace the switch so it would know when to go up/down partially and when to go auto, like the driver switch. Or did you give up manual control over your windows for the auto function, assuming you still have the factory passenger window switch on the driver panel?

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 04:00:18 PM »

It's not at complicated as you think it is.  All switches are what came on the car.  You only need to add the modules and wire them up to your existing switches.  The one touch operation works as follows:

push and release the switch quickly (up or down) and it enables the auto function
hold the switch (up or down) and it works manually and the window stops when you let go of the switch

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
quickkick127

quickkick127 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 09:58:55 PM »

Oh, I see.  That DEI module does more than I thought.  The only question is am I able to make it work with the factory passenger power window system?

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 10:09:33 PM »

I really don't see why not.  I'd have to take a look at the wiring diagram.  Too bad I don't have it any more.  I guess I could always ask DEI to email it to me. 

Tim
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 08:06:57 AM »

I've always wanted to do this.  I guess you would need 3 modules to get all 4 windows to auto up/down? 
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 08:11:52 AM »

Actually, one module controls two windows. In my sedan, I have 2 of them. If you had a sunroof and you wanted the one touch operation to open and close, plus be able to open and close it with your alarm key fob, then you would need a 3rd module.

For all I know, you may even be able to integrate these modules to work with your factory key fob too. I just haven't looked into it to see if it's possible. My guess is that you just need a 12 volt pulse or a pulse and hold on the module.

Tim
quickkick127

quickkick127 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 02:53:54 PM »

http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/accessories/N530T_1-00.pdf

Does this link provide you with the information you'd need to see if it would work or not?

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 10:21:33 PM »

Yes.  It's going to take me a few days to actually have the time to go through the manual to make sure it will work.  I'm kinda in the middle of moving to a new place this week.

Tim
quickkick127

quickkick127 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 03:52:18 PM »

Alright, its cool.  Take your time.  I appreciate the effort.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 11:26:01 PM »

Yeah.  Well, my life is turned upside down right now.  I'll probably need a reminder, but I'll eventually get it it.

Tim
quickkick127

quickkick127 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 04:36:38 PM »

Alright, take your time.  I got till September before I ship out to basic training, so plenty of time.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 06:35:54 PM »

Alright, take your time.  I got till September before I ship out to basic training, so plenty of time.
Don't do it!

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 06:48:31 PM »

How would you go about programming this thing , i have a viper 5901 would it be a simple unlock twice windows go down type thing or as a aux setting

Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012