Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 11:23:42 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NSX is canceled  (Read 8965 times)
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: March 02, 2009, 06:56:02 PM »

got my modified mag today, and read that all development of nsx is canceled as part of a restructuring effort inside the company
no s2000 in '10 product year, rather an '11 s2000 esque roadster will be rebranded under Acura nameplate

sorry if repost

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
seththekorean

Reputation Power: 4
seththekorean pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 09:13:29 PM »

aw. man unfortunate news. i was really looking foward to continue seeing the s2k being produced.

and i know OT, but how come my subscribed MOD hasnt come in yet if u got urs!

[size=150]Seth[/size]
04' Coupe k24a4 5AT
SECM Squad Member
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 10:42:47 PM »

What a bummer.  I'd like to see pics of that S2000 with Acura badges.  I guess those spy photos of the Acura that looked like a S2000 that had a growth spurt were actually a sign of things to come.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 07:19:09 AM »

Quote from: "seththekorean"
aw. man unfortunate news. i was really looking foward to continue seeing the s2k being produced.

and i know OT, but how come my subscribed MOD hasnt come in yet if u got urs!

i got connections lol. jk. i dont know maybe my mail is faster

Misha
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 07:45:38 AM »

I was looking forward to seeing the new NSX!!! Economic issues FTL
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 08:28:36 AM »

Well, look at the Nissan GT-R, it's sales are only 1/2 of what was expected and with the updated NSX expected to have a $100K+ price tag it only makes sense to cancel it.

Now if it were up to me, which of course it isn't, I would do a exterior refresh on the current S2K and put a V6 in her to give it the tourqe that is missing from the car, putting in a 280-300CHP/260-270WTQ V6 would bring that car to life and make it trully compeditive with others like the corvette, viper, upper end rustangs and with mods (TC/SC) would put it in range even with a GT-R.

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 08:49:04 AM »

even better, put v6 from nsx in there, maybe c32 3.7L that aperently acura only built 5 of

Misha
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 02:14:39 PM »

If there was a V6 S2K I'd buy one tomorrow.
seththekorean

Reputation Power: 4
seththekorean pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 09:04:29 PM »

yeah id probably buy a v6 s2k anyday.
if they did continue the s2k, who would like them to keep the looks relatively the same as the AP1/2 instead of a drastic change?
i wish they'd keep producing the same style s2k for some more time man. lol. i would love for it to be my next car.

[size=150]Seth[/size]
04' Coupe k24a4 5AT
SECM Squad Member
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 09:42:01 PM »

From what i've seen and heard the acura version is not discusting.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 01:29:14 PM »

no new NSX YAY. it looks like funky. If it were rebadged a S2k I wouldn't mine. The s2k need more power especially tq.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 01:42:26 PM »

Quote from: "AV6NHBP6SPD"
even better, put v6 from nsx in there, maybe c32 3.7L that aperently acura only built 5 of

My J36 builds already bury the C32 from the NSX and weighs a good 100 lbs less.

If someone seriuosly wants a V6 S2K I can make that happen, I already did alot of research into it since I was going to convert mine, but it would not be cheap, probably in the $10K-$12.5K range when it is said and done, that is including replacing the stock S2K rear with one from a Skyline to hande to TQ.

Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 01:51:47 PM »

Quote from: "NVA-AV6"
Quote from: "AV6NHBP6SPD"

My J36 builds already bury the C32 from the NSX and weighs a good 100 lbs less.

If someone seriuosly wants a V6 S2K I can make that happen, I already did alot of research into it since I was going to convert mine, but it would not be cheap, probably in the $10K-$12.5K range when it is said and done, that is including replacing the stock S2K rear with one from a Skyline to hande to TQ.

Yeah I heard S2K rears literally explode when exposed to anything over 200 foot pounds.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 02:28:17 PM »

Just get a Ford 9" to handle to the torque.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 03:40:03 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Just get a Ford 9" to handle to the torque.

Tim....

Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012