Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:48:50 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody ever use a Megasquirt ecm?  (Read 4206 times)
seiplentz
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
seiplentz pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2012, 11:47:52 PM »

Just wondering if anyone ever tuned a megasquirt before or heard of one.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 02:07:47 AM »

Heard of it, yes.  Used it, no.  The k series guys that actually build their motors usually only use one product for tuning, which is KPro made by Hondata.  It uses a Honda ECU to control a lot of the engine parameters that most universal ecu's or piggy back systems aren't capable of controlling (ex. KPro is the only tuning option that will allow you to advance timing).  Since you have a K24A8, you have a harder road ahead of you since it requires a bit more work than the K24A4 Accords.  There may be hope though, since Hondata released FPro for the Acura TSX, that uses the OBDII port.

If you have a chance, go to Hondata's website and download K Manager (it's free) and play around with it and see how much control you have over the engine.  It's pretty involved, and keeps getting better.

In my opinion, any other product that is not KPro or FPro is a waste of time and money.  If you're not going to be building the motor, or boosting it, you really won't see any significant gains from just bolt ons and tuning.  The gains you would get, wouldn't really justify the cost of everything you would need.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 07:05:41 AM »

^^^Unless you are V6.........

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 11:57:42 PM »

True Paul. He has a K24A8 though, which is why I mostly talked about KPoo.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012