Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:26:46 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear "H" emblem shave  (Read 2607 times)
linguinipenguini
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
linguinipenguini pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2012, 03:59:07 PM »

Anyone shaved the rear honda emblem? I'm considering it, but I want to know what I'm getting into first. My biggest fear is having to repaint the entire trunk.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 04:40:25 PM »

A good bodyshop will repaint the whole trunk.  Some may just patch the area and blend with the rest of the trunk.

If it were me, I would consider having the whole trunk repainted, just to avoid blend lines.  But you also run the risk of the paint match not being perfect.  On the other hand, it's such a small area that you probably won't notice the blend lines as much.

My recommendation is to find a good bodyshop and see what they are willing to do.

- Mark
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 07:31:29 PM »

You don't have to repaint the trunk, but then you'll have holes in your trunk lid.  You could probably have a shop fill the holes and then paint the area and blend it with the rest of the trunk lid.  Do what Mark says though.  Find a good body shop and have them do the work.  It's not as big of a deal as you may think.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 07:33:59 PM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
linguinipenguini
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
linguinipenguini pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 09:18:09 PM »

What about the side molding? Is that just adhesive, or does it have holes also?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 11:09:15 PM »

If it's a sedan, there are holes.  If it's a coupe, it's just double sided tape.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012