Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:06:30 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clutch engagement adjustment  (Read 2390 times)
Lemonjelly

Reputation Power: 6
Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2012, 08:56:40 PM »

So I just had a new clutch put into my accord (5mt) and the clutch doesn't engage until the pedal is most of the way out. Is there any way to adjust where in the clutch pedal travel it engages? If so, how would I go about doing so?

Steve - NECM #4

NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 09:33:21 PM »

Follow the rod from the master cylinder to the pedal, there is a 12mm locking nut on the back of it. Losen that and twist the rod in and out until you get about 1" of pedal travel before you feel the resistance of the rode engauging the master cylinder piston. Also the pedal engaugement point wil move a bit as the clutch breaks in....

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 11:21:24 PM »

Steve, if you need pictures of what to look for, I can take some for you.  I have my master cylinder and pedal assembly out of my car right now.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Lemonjelly

Reputation Power: 6
Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 09:12:31 AM »

Thanks for the info Paul, you're the man!

I should be all set Tim but if I run into problems I will def shoot you a text.

Steve - NECM #4

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012