Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:07:45 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To camo or not to camo...  (Read 8442 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2011, 12:01:08 PM »

I've been contemplating a paint job for quite some time. One idea that came to mind was urban camo. The colors I'd use are grey, white, and black. I have absolutely no intention of ever selling my car, so resale isn't a concern. A plus to this idea, the wife said she would never ride along.
My question to you guys, am I off my rocker or what?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 12:16:20 PM »

I actually kind of like the idea. I know you said urban camo for the color scheme, but which camo pattern did you have in mind?
quickkick127

Reputation Power: 0
quickkick127 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 12:18:11 PM »

No offense to you or your tastes but I personally think that would cheapen the look of the vehicle.  This chick I know did that vinyl wrap thing to her STI with the urban camo and I thought it looked cheap.  I think you'd lose the sharp, elegant look of your Accord.  But just my opinion...

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 01:11:19 PM »

I actually kind of like the idea. I know you said urban camo for the color scheme, but which camo pattern did you have in mind?
Not going with digital. Too damn complicated to pull off.  
No offense to you or your tastes but I personally think that would cheapen the look of the vehicle.  This chick I know did that vinyl wrap thing to her STI with the urban camo and I thought it looked cheap.  I think you'd lose the sharp, elegant look of your Accord.  But just my opinion...
I hear ya. I'm also sick of the same damn colors all over the road. Makes me feel like we're sheep. Granted, a modded Accord is certainly different but the paint would be that last pop. Besides, with the mods I have in mind, elegance is out the window. I'm going for shear aggression with what I want under hood.

I'm also thinking of going with a satin clear to finish it off. Obviously, I'm still on the fence with the idea.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 01:26:20 PM »

No.

- Mark
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 01:31:41 PM »

If youre gonna go camo, just do a vehicle wrap

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 03:20:36 PM »

I agree with the No!

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 04:13:13 PM »

No.
Why?
If youre gonna go camo, just do a vehicle wrap
My paint is fucked as it is. Doing the wrap isn't much of a benefit with regards to being able to peel it off later.
I agree with the No!
See my response to Mark.

Guys. I'm looking for your reasons as to why or why not I should do it. So far, quickkick is the only one that gave a good argument why I shouldn't and Rush is liking the idea. I like it because its different from EVERYTHING else on the road and were there another urban camouflaged vehicle on the road, the pattern is different. What's wrong with different?

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 04:40:21 PM »

Show me an example of what you plan on doing.  I just don't think an accord is something that will look good with camouflage.  It's not that type of car.

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 05:06:57 PM »

No.
Why?

Guys. I'm looking for your reasons as to why or why not I should do it. So far, quickkick is the only one that gave a good argument why I shouldn't and Rush is liking the idea. I like it because its different from EVERYTHING else on the road and were there another urban camouflaged vehicle on the road, the pattern is different. What's wrong with different?
It's ugly.  Being unique and different is one thing, doing so with a camo paint job is another.  It stands out, but in my opinion, not in a good way.

- Mark
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 05:12:03 PM »

Show me an example of what you plan on doing.  I just don't think an accord is something that will look good with camouflage.  It's not that type of car.

Google is the shiznizzle dizzle.

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 06:17:03 PM »

I like the lighter camouflage on the C30 with the heico performance parts better than the darker version evo. I still don't know if i would do it.  But that's just my opinion.

Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 06:35:40 PM »

That looks awesome haha!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 06:57:06 PM »

I'm kinda leaning towards the EVO version.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 01:13:43 AM »

I don't like it.  Maybe on a race car, or even a show car, but not a daily driver.  Something like that will draw too much negative attention.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012