Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:34:45 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time for a drop, Spring Reviews/Suggestions  (Read 4998 times)
Antoni0_23

Reputation Power: 2
Antoni0_23 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2009, 07:00:50 PM »

Hi guys. I finally installed my rotors/pads and SS Lines (a thread with pictures will be up soon). Now it's time for a drop. As most of you know I live in Puerto Rico and streets here aren't very lowered car friendly. I was thinking of one of these springs:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tein-03- ... ccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Tru ... 240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-06-04 ... ccessories

All of them will offer a mild and even drop which is exactly what I'm looking for. Which of these brands is of superior quality ? Also they will be paired with OEM shocks for a while until I save up to get some koni Yellows. Any input on these or a suggestion for my setup will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 07:03:34 PM »

All 3 are fairly well known brands that people have reported mucho satisfaction and reliability.  I think that you will be satisfied with whatever you choose of those brands.  I would strongly suggest a rear camber kit if you don't want to ruin your rear tires.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 07:28:01 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WICKED-R ... ccessories

Will this resolver my camber issue? I know the Ingalls is the preferred brand but are these bad? I've heard/read good things about them.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 08:34:52 PM »

Nope.  Those aren't bad at all.  As you pointed out, the Ingalls rear camber kit is better.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 08:39:21 PM »

But I'd be fine with the WCK?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 09:04:06 PM »

Sure.  I believe Paul has that on his coupe and he has been fairly pleased with them.

Tim
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 09:20:59 PM »

Thanks a lot Tim. U've really helped me out since I bought the Accord a year ago. I think I'll be going with the Wicked camber kit and the Eibach Pro-Kit or H. Techs. I'm still not decided.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 09:44:12 PM »

To be honest, all of those springs are pretty good.  If I were in your shoes, I would make a decision based on the desired drop and spring rate.  I prefer a comfortable ride, so anything higher than 9k in the front and 6k in the rear would make things unbearable on poor road conditions.  I only say that, because that is the spring rate on my suspension and it's perfect for me under normal road conditions.

Tim
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 07:42:30 AM »

Well I found out that the H-Techs have a 5.3k Front and 3.3k Rear Spring Rates so they fit under your specifications for a comfortable ride in harsh roads but I tried finding the spring rates on the eibach but had no luck. I even went to the website and they don't have it either. Both of them offer the same amount of drop which I'd be happy with. Now I just need to know the spring rates on the Pro-Kit and I'll be able to make a decision.
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 12:48:48 PM »

Well my eibach springs never got here so I've decided to go with the H Techs but I found a pretty good deal but I'm skeptical.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tein-03-HONDA-Accor ... 7C294%3A50

Are these legit Tein H-Techs?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 12:57:22 PM »

That looks right. But they also said in the auction that those were generic pictures. The price also seems to be on par with what they go for.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 12:05:43 PM »

H-Techs FTMFW

Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 11:08:18 AM »

Yeah. I think I'm decided. I need to hold them off for a while since some unexpected things happened and I need to use the money on other things but they'll be on the car soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012