Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 07:43:15 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a new job  (Read 5587 times)
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2011, 02:03:30 PM »

Anyone have a suggestion? Looking for a new job. Getting tired of working for Firestone. Willing to move, and I don't mind wrenching. I'm also tired of the snow, and I just want to get the hell out of here. Any suggestion would help a lot.

Thien
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 03:04:06 PM »

What do you like to do, need more info before I fourm up a opinion. Mobile is nice this time of year though
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 03:56:20 PM »

you still opposed to moving to SoCal?

- Mark
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 04:18:48 PM »

Mark: Still opposed to moving to SoCal. Cost way too much to live out there. Lifestyle over there is too hectic for me.

Jer: I'm not moving back to Alabama. Haha sorry to say it.

Well, I'm a mechanic. Its something I like doing. Again, I don't mind wrenching for a living, but I would like to get out of it down the road. Thinking of becoming a service writer down the road, but I would want to be a service writer for a dealer. Doing it for an independent, they don't pay you next to nothing. You make your money on bonuses and comissions on certain items.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 10:54:20 PM »

Move to Ohio and work for Honda.  The training facility for all Honda tech's is just down the street from where I live.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 11:17:17 PM »

Move to Ohio and work for Honda.  The training facility for all Honda tech's is just down the street from where I live.
I'm also tired of the snow

- Mark
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 11:25:14 PM »

Sorry Tim, but I want to avoid snow. Tired of the cold. My knees can't take it anymore.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 11:38:52 PM »

That's bullshit.  The snow isn't too bad here.  It was in the 60's today.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 08:06:40 AM »

I like Tim’s idea of working for Honda. You should be a service writer for Honda or Acura. Apply at a few and work out the moving/housing details from there
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 10:43:14 PM »

That is what I'm looking at right now, but none of the dealers around here are hiring.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 07:26:40 AM »

Just curious Thien, did you look around in person or have you looked online at those dealers around you? There may be some posting on Honda's/ Acura's career portal or some shit. I'd look but since I'm at work and we're heavily scrutinized...

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 05:22:07 PM »

Just curious Thien, did you look around in person or have you looked online at those dealers around you? There may be some posting on Honda's/ Acura's career portal or some shit. I'd look but since I'm at work and we're heavily scrutinized...

I actually went to 3 local Honda/Acura dealers. None of which are hiing for service writers, but they are hiring techs. I kind of want to stop wrenching. Its tiring, and its physically tiring on my body. Especially during the winter season, my knees are in massive amount of pain.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 11:09:34 PM »

Maybe being a tech is a good way to get your foot in the door at Honda though.  That's how I got the job I'm at right now.  Sure, I hated what I was doing, but I'm glad I stuck it out and got the job I have now.

Tim
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 12:07:52 AM »

The huge downfall to being a tech at a dealership is that they don't offer a guarantee. If its a slow week and I only do like 15 hours for that week, thats all I get. I can't live off of that. I have a few friends who work at the dealership, and they all say its really slow. I won't be able to get by on that waiting to become a service writer.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 08:42:33 AM »

Is there a number you need to make hourly to get by?
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012