Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:14:49 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amplifier Fan?  (Read 9816 times)
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »

So terminal 85 and the negative wire on the fan can both be ran to the amp ground? 
yes because they have to be grounded, doesnt matter if its is the same as the amp ground or not.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 11:45:24 PM »

I'm with Stupid

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 01:22:23 PM »

After an hour of cramming my fat ass inside my trunk, the fan is wired and is working perfectly!   It comes right on when the amp powers on and turns off when the amp powers off.  Thanks for all the help fellas!

In case it is of any future use to anyone, I remade my wiring drawing and figured I'd post the correct version. 

And here is a picture of the final product. 

I think I'll get a second one sooner or later and put them side-by-side to cover the entire length of the amp.  But that will be a project for another day!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 01:24:44 PM by ikethegreat » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 08:43:34 AM »

Glad to hear it worked.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 01:37:22 PM »

Well it looks like the fan only lasted exactly one year to the day.  From my quick estimation it has ran about 125 hours. 

It no longer spins but the magnet on the end is hot to the touch.   None of the wiring appears to be loose or disconnected.   Safe to assume it is dead?

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 02:18:38 PM »

I had they same type as fan as you but the smaller version i ran mines with a temperature switch so it  wasn't running all the time  , still running strong  but does sound like you need a replacement
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 03:08:25 PM by cna » Logged

ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 09:48:27 AM »

Do you have a link to the temp switch you used?   The only thing I don't like about the idea of using the switch is it would be harder to notice when the fan does in fact die but if it significantly prolongs the life of the fan it might be worth that inconvenience. 
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 01:01:50 PM »

I got mines from http://www.ceautoelectricsupply.com/coolingfankit.html there pricey but quality , but am sure your can find the switch separately and add it to your current setup

ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 01:43:46 PM »

That kit does look pretty good.  Time to start saving up! 

Thanks for the link
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012