Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:31:06 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear Brakes Screeching  (Read 6391 times)
Moessteezy

Names Moe

Reputation Power: 2
Moessteezy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2011, 05:55:32 PM »

Ok so a few nights ago i noticed my rear brakes a screeching without even applying them.

I took it to pepboys for a free brake inspection and they told me all my pads are bad and all 4 rotors needs to be replaced. I have a hard time believing that.

So yea what should i do?
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 06:10:06 PM »

make sure you check the brake calipers some times the pistons jam causing premature wear of pads

accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 06:14:46 PM »

How many miles have you put on the pads and rotors?

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Moessteezy

Names Moe

Moessteezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 07:01:07 PM »

Pads were changed about 4months ago. and i dont believe the rotors have ever been changed.

Oh btw Pepboys quoted me $560 for pads and rotors for the rear.
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 09:30:50 PM »

Wait thats just the price for the rear?You can get some good quality aftermarket pads and rotors for that price front and back my EBC slotted rotors and green Stuf pads all around cost me like $450
Moessteezy

Names Moe

Moessteezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 09:44:08 PM »

Wait thats just the price for the rear?You can get some good quality aftermarket pads and rotors for that price front and back my EBC slotted rotors and green Stuf pads all around cost me like $450

yea after hearing that number i knew they were fucking with me   Cool
Im not really sure what i will upgrade to. not trying to drop to much money on it.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 10:44:27 PM »

Pads were changed about 4months ago. and i dont believe the rotors have ever been changed.

Did you just pad slap them, or did you get your rotors turned?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Moessteezy

Names Moe

Moessteezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 11:39:10 PM »

Did you just pad slap them, or did you get your rotors turned?

pad slapped them later on i realised i was supposed to turn the rotors.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 12:18:57 AM »

That's probably part of your problem.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Moessteezy

Names Moe

Moessteezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 12:41:42 AM »

Yea when i did my pads my father didnt say anything about turning my rotors.  Cry

sometimes you have to not listen  to your parents and read up on it yourself i guess.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 08:05:03 AM »

Yeah.  You're gonna want to check your calipers too.  Make sure they're not stuck.  I know that when my car sits for a while, the calipers seem to get "stuck" and the squeal a little bit.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 08:11:24 AM »

Our rear calipers blow.... I really wouldn't be surprised if one was sticking.
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 09:00:16 AM »

I would have litterally laughed in their face, if someone quoted me over $500 just to do the rears... seriously, all the way out of the store, and I'd be all overdramatic about it too. Just to prove a point.

And yeah, you should def check out your calipers.  I had one replaced a couple months ago because it was stuck and it was squeeling so loud, when I wasnt even on the brakes.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 10:42:38 AM »

Like banged on the counter a little bit and shed a couple if tears.  Then laughed in the parking lot, lowered the windows and laughed as you drove away.  All that.  $500 for rears! Ha!!

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Moessteezy

Names Moe

Moessteezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 03:19:32 PM »

drum to disk conversion?

i could possibly be taking on this project this weekend if you guys can tell me exactly what i need for this swap  angel

theres no list on the guide.
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012