Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:52:39 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: End Links  (Read 15584 times)
Silver Bullet

Reputation Power: 2
Silver Bullet pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 04:54:24 PM »

I looked up the parts listed above: k90660 and k90661 and it lists those two parts for the 04-06 TL and 07-08 TL-S. Is this what I would use for the front?

I figured since the accord would be used for the TL FSB then the TL and TL-S should have two different part numbers..

2006 AV6 6MT

'Like' this page if you're a J-Series fanatic!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Honda-J-Series/329047293778085
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 10:11:43 PM »

I used the Moog end links meant for the Accord with my TL-S front sway bar and there was no drilling necessary.  I doubt there will be much benefit from using the TL-S end links if you're already replacing the Accord ones with aftermarket parts like Moog.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 10:24:57 PM »

Moog part for TL and Accord is probably the same aftermarket companies make parts to fit multiple applicationns to allow lower cost to consumers.
spiceisler
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
spiceisler pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 04:30:59 PM »

My front drivers side just popped! Look at these from Tri-Point Engineering.

And these from AWR

AWR Racing

I see no reason why one of these would not work.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 05:00:55 PM by spiceisler » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 05:32:39 PM »

I can see fabricating your own end links, but those Mazda ones won't work because the geometry won't be correct. There are companies that make adjustable end links for CL7/9's already. I'd pick up one of those instead of trying to get a part intended for different car to fit.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
spiceisler
Fucking Newb

spiceisler pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 07:02:05 PM »

Pardon me for asking, but which companies would that be?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2012, 12:06:23 AM »

PowerGrid makes adjustable rear end links.  Progress makes adjustable rear end links.  Fastline Performance makes adjustable end links.  I believe the Fastline Performance may be usable in the front and rear, but I have not confirmed that yet.

Tim
spiceisler
Fucking Newb

spiceisler pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2012, 08:51:35 AM »

Thanks. I'll check them out. I still see no difference between the Power Links kit and these from AWR

AWR

Power Links

The AWR ones are cheaper.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:15:56 AM by spiceisler » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2012, 12:10:33 PM »

Okay. Well, let us know how that work out when you get it.

Tim
Fanitron

Reputation Power: 3
Fanitron pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2012, 01:55:26 PM »

my .02 is that you should go with a reputable company, seeing as how endlinks do get quite stressed under spirited/hard driving. Also, as far as adjustability is concerned... what is the real reason for that? My non-adjustable Moogs work fine with my drop and the TL-S sway bar.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2012, 02:57:34 PM »

Make sure they have a grease fitting! Front end parts without grease fittings are never a good idea.
spiceisler
Fucking Newb

spiceisler pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2012, 03:41:00 PM »

my .02 is that you should go with a reputable company, seeing as how endlinks do get quite stressed under spirited/hard driving. Also, as far as adjustability is concerned... what is the real reason for that? My non-adjustable Moogs work fine with my drop and the TL-S sway bar.

I agree with a reputable company and all but I was not trying to pay $170 for a set of end links. I was just trying to see what my options were as opposed to the crappy stock ones. I don't need the adjustability but I think it will come into play on lowered cars. I used the Moog ones on my rear TL-S bar so I have no problem with those as well. I've also had ST ones on my EF civic since '95 and the Powerlink / AWR ones seems to be the same kind/design. Just trying to find new avenues guys, not doubting anyone! I think I will try the AWR ones and see how that turns out.
fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013, 05:05:58 AM »

anybody has any idea what Tri-Point or AWR parts will work for our cars? I plan to have the car corner weighted sooner or later so adjustable endlinks are a must.  Smiley

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2013, 07:29:00 AM »

im referring to the front endlinks. imma get the power grids for the rears... (thanks to Tim for the recommendation)

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2013, 07:39:36 PM »

And did you use the moog end links for the TL-S for the front or did you get the moog end links for the accord for the front sway bar?

If you use the TL-S front sway yes you need to drill your control arms which will work with the tl-s moog end links , accord end links only if you choose to get the regular tl front sway bar

Moog doesn't make sway bar links specific for the TL-S and the Accord.  They are the same part number for both.  

I went with the OEM Acura TL-S sway bar links.  They are much beefier than the Accord links and required drilling out the LCA with a 1/2" bit.

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012