Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:15:50 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bumper/Headlight Damage...Please Help  (Read 2251 times)
StrikingAccord

Striking-A-Chord

Reputation Power: 1
StrikingAccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2011, 12:58:07 PM »

Hit and run...

Just when everything was done Sad

Does anyone know what I can do to fix the cosmetic damage? What do I use to sand/buff out the lights and bumper (if it is even possible)?

Thanks
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 08:32:03 AM »

You can probably sand the headlight and get it looking clear again, but those aftermarket headlights are cheap enough to replace instead.  I can't tell from the pic, but it looks like some of the paint was scraped off.  No amount of wet sanding or buffing will repair that.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 08:19:48 PM »

You may be able to pop the bumper back in and re-align everything. If not, I just ordered a plastic welding kit to repair my bumper. I could let you know the results when I'm finish with it.

I hope one these videos may be able to help you out man. I have yet to try any of their products to see how well their colors match.
http://www.automotivetouchup.com/how-to-videos.htm

UPDATE: Used the plastic welding kit today to repair the holes and slots on the upper right side of the bumper. Now my bumper wont pop out of the clips anymore Smiley
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 05:06:52 PM by Rich01 » Logged

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012