Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:09:34 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does the product quality decline?  (Read 5206 times)
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2011, 03:12:00 AM »

Why is it the quality of a detailing product declines when it begins being sold at Wal-mart? I understand that being sold at Wal-mart means it is now more widely distributed, but WHY??? I LOVE the surf city garage products and was appalled when I saw them in Wal-mart tonight. AT HALF THE PRICE of what I paid for the things I have... I have almost a hundred bucks invested in detailing products from Surf City Garage and now they are offered at half the price... WTF...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 03:27:20 AM by exelr8 » Logged

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 04:36:14 AM »

Country, please update your thread title appropriately. The current title of "Why?" is way too vague for search purposes. I understand this is more of a rant but if others experience the same issue, they can respond in this thread rather than create a new rant thread.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 07:01:14 AM »

I happen to work for a company that does the same thing as Wal Mart on a bigger scale. The reason it is half the price is because Wal Mart buys 100 times more product than any of there other distributors. Basically they call surf city and say we'd like to carry your product what will it cost us for 10,000,000 units of a product. The price is always lower when they buy in extreme bulk because the selling company gets alot of money up front, and it is cheaper to make things in large batches. Not to mention the cost of shipping is lower because Wal Mart will have it all sent to a distribution center, and then transport it them selves. The quality of the product most likely remains exactly the same.
exelr8
Veteran

exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 03:29:40 AM »

But when it is made in a large batch, wouldn't the quality decrease it is a lot easier to screw up the mixture when making 10,000,000 bottles of a product when you are use to making say 100,000 bottles(for numbers sake)?

SECM Squad #3...kinda
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 09:11:06 AM »

Probably not I'm sure that they have Qaulity Controls in place. Generally dealing with bigger companies allows them to buy better equipment. If there was going to be a drop off it would have happened like a year and a half ago when they started selling in autozone's and the like.
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 11:07:04 PM »

Well I guess you are right

SECM Squad #3...kinda
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 07:40:52 AM »

Don't cave that easy! I actually don't know if demand on the company actually went up. Looking a little further into this they seemed to stop selling the products at a lot of places to. Maybe a decline in quality is what scared all the detailing companies away.
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 06:08:07 PM »

I dunno...  The products I bought from pep boys and napa have been thd best I have used thus far but I have my doubts about te company

SECM Squad #3...kinda
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012