Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:24:34 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing Pinstripe  (Read 4846 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« on: May 23, 2011, 03:21:17 PM »

So far I got the front left fender pinstripe off, but it's being a real bitch. The pin stripe is faded and won't peel off, so I've been using a towel and some Goo Gone.

However, it's leaving an outline of the pin stripe on the car, and I know it's not residue. Is there anything I can do to help get rid of the outline? I'm thinking about washing, claybaring, then waxing when I'm completely done.

Thanks.

CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 03:41:29 PM »

Are you using a heatgun or what? I used a heatgun and it came off like butter (did use GooGone on some spots). I then claybarred it twice using a Meguir's Kit, then waxed it and sealed it. No residue left. Mine was a pain in the ass on the front fenders as well.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 03:52:58 PM »

I would also suggest the use of heat but, a heat gun my be a little bit of over kill. I would probably employ the use of a hair dryer. Also be careful with goo gone that is some strong shit. If I were you I would start using some heat, and use goo gone where you absolutely need to. Afterward clay, and if that doesn’t work you should be able to polish the makes out with something like Megs. 205. No matter what steps you end up needing to take make sure you wax and seal because the areas where you used the goo gone are most def. wax free.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 09:22:10 PM »

Thanks for the tips. I used a blow dryer, and that seemed to help a little bit. It's still a massive PITA, and the pinstripe won't just peel off, so I've been having to scrape it all off. So far I've got 5 out of the 8 panels done, lol.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012