Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:10:24 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cracked 6x9 speaker (JL Audio)  (Read 2100 times)
Accord Euro-R

Reputation Power: 5
Accord Euro-R pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: May 20, 2011, 02:45:27 PM »

Was out driving the other day, and aside from the rear deck vibration from the massive magnets on these bad boys, I noticed something sounded off; especially when the bass hit HARD.  So I got home and did some investigating and one of my 6x9 cone's has a crack in it from the outer rubber surround all the way down to the base  mad  The material itself is some kind of poly or plastic, so my question is....can this be fixed? or do I need to start looking for another speaker?

They are JL Audio CR-690cxi Evolution series speakers...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 02:47:14 PM by Accord Euro-R » Logged

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 04:00:58 PM »

Get new speakers.  It's a waste of time and money to try and recone your existing speakers.  I'm sure buying a replacement for them isn't too expensive.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Accord Euro-R

Reputation Power: 5
Accord Euro-R pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 12:25:21 PM »

While the price for a replacement speaker shouldn't be too bad, unfortunately finding one is proving to be a PITA.  They discontinued this model last year so I am trying to track 1 down but all I can find is sets, and even those are hard to come by.

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012