Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:48:56 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: Replace Serpentine / Accessory / Drivebelt (J30)  (Read 5644 times)
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2011, 06:47:39 PM »

As with the K24, "the right tool for this job is going to make all the difference in the world."  I went out and purchased a serpentine belt tensioner tool for like $30 from my local tool place.  

]

So basically here's how it goes, stick the 14mm side of the tool in the auto-tensioner.  Rotate the belt tensioner bolt to release tension on the belt counter-clockwise (towards the firewall).  Once you've done this, you can basically unhook the belt from the pulleys.  

Here's a diagram showing the path of the belt and indicating which pulley is the auto-tensioner, I found this to be most useful.

Install the new belt following the routing diagram.  This took me like 15 minutes to sit them all properly, I think it helps if you have an extra pair of hands holding the belt in place while you wrap it around different pulleys.  I started at the bottom and worked my way up.  Again, release the pressure on the auto-tensioner once you've got it around the rest of the pulleys.  Wrap around that one last.

Run the engine and observe the belt for proper functioning. Before starting, make sure the belt is seated properly on all of the pulleys

Done!

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 04:58:50 PM by gargantula99 » Logged

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 10:51:40 PM »

Nice write up, but huge ass pics man.  Can you downsize them plz.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 11:18:08 PM »

LoL. I used Jeffs host it thing. I'll reduce them tomorrow and use my own acct.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 12:36:37 AM »

Nice write up Nelson. I have to confess that I haven't purchased the tool. I find it pretty easy with a regular wrench on the J30.
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 02:58:00 PM »

Good stuff Nelson, like mike said, I used a regular wrench with a pipe on the end to get some leverage. That's the exact diagram I used for reference also.only thing I would add is to verify that the replacement belt is the same length as the old one. I've read where people were given a shorter belt figuring that the old one had stretched. You should also check the auto tensioner for defects (won't turn freely or squeeling while turning.

Rich
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 04:31:31 PM »

I got the wrench cause I figured eventually somebody will need to borrow it and I would just lend it to them.  It's the same wrench for the k24.

Tim, resizing is complete.  Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 04:59:19 PM by gargantula99 » Logged

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 07:50:51 AM »

For the record guys, I used to use the double wrench technique, but the proper tool works a lot better. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012