Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:01:06 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about HID's  (Read 6392 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 09:17:58 PM »

The flare for HID headlights isn't so big that it will blind oncoming traffic.  I can say that it doesn't equate to driving around with a PnP kit in halogen housings.  I'm going to be honest about the S2K projector being fit into the low beam reflector.  It's not going to happen.  If you haven't seen a set of Inspires in person, you may not realize how small the low beam reflector is.  I guaranfuckingtee that it will not fit.  The S2K projector is larger than the low beam reflector of the Inspire.  That's why the only thing I think would work is trying to retrofit a bi-xenon projector into the high beam reflector.  Then you retain the look of the Inspire housing with the low beams on (which looks awesome), you have the option of having a projector for better output (that can be paired with the Inspire low beam), and you keep the functionality of the high beam with the bi-xenon projector.  If it all fits, it will be magical.

I don't think that having Inspires is a drawback.  It's a slightly less expensive way of having HIDs for people that don't have the skills or coin for a retrofit.  If you're really anal about the flare being correct, then you can open up the housings and make it a flat cutoff instead with a dremel.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 09:55:15 PM »

I'm sold Tim.  I'm just gonna save up for my inspires.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 11:17:04 PM »

Buy Derrick's.  He's a good guy.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 08:15:16 AM »

LoL. That's what I hear. Need to save up cash first. Arie took most of my money.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012