Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:05:47 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Window Trim  (Read 7132 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 07:13:16 AM »

That's a pretty steep price for that stuff. Post pics once you're done. Did you get the gloss stuff?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 09:08:19 AM »

Do what I did... get tape on window visors. haha

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
gatorrich
Fucking Newb

Go Gators!

Reputation Power: 1
gatorrich pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 05:57:18 PM »

That's a pretty steep price for that stuff. Post pics once you're done. Did you get the gloss stuff?

It's actually not a bad price. Honda wants $96 just for the top trim. Which is the piece that is peeling on my car.

https://www.1hondaparts.com/index.php?p=page&page_id=part_picker&make=Honda&model=ACCORD&year=2004&version=2DR%20EX%20%28V6%29&transmission=KA5AT&system=PARTS&component=MOLDING%20-%20SIDE%20SILL%20GARNISH

This stuff is 3 inches wide and 30 feet long. I cut a piece about 56 inches long and split it down the middle. The first time I applied it, there were creases forming and I couldn't get them out. So I ripped it off and tried again with the other piece. Same thing happened but only worse. I'm pretty sure this is because my technique sucks ass. You really need to take your time applying it and I'm not that patient.

I think I'm going to just paint it and clear it with some rattle cans. I bought some to do my emblems so I'm just going to do the trim as well. I think it'll be more durable than vinyl any how.

I can tell you that when I did have it on the trim, even though it was creased up, it looked just like OEM. It matched the remaining trim perfect.

I still have 25 feet left, 50 feet if you split it down the middle. Which is more than enough to do the all the trim on a car.

2010 Accord EX I4 Sedan
2004 Accord EXL V6 Coupe
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012