Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 11:58:07 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm moving to Ohio  (Read 12993 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« on: December 03, 2010, 11:33:32 PM »

For any of you guys that pay attention to the chat thread, I eluded to the fact that I'm going to the midwest.  So here's the story.  I've been trying to get a new job within my company since I'm not really going to progress in the department I work in right now.  There are just no opportunities for advancement and I'm kinda burned out from what I do.  Back in June I applied for a job in San Antonio.  A friend of mine from work moved on to in the Chicago area.  I didn't get the job.  So I applied for the same job in Nashville.  I got to the 2nd round of interviews and they even flew me out to Nashville for it.  I didn't get that job either.  At that point, I had given up and figured it wasn't going to happen since there weren't any more openings available.  I cleared out my desk and I was ready to quit my job as soon as I found something else.  It was pretty bad for me at that point.  I was talking to one of the managers about it and he mentioned there were a few more openings he saw recently posted, so I went for it again and applied for all 3 jobs that were open.  They were in North Carolina, Georgia, and Ohio.  The managers that interviewed me for Nashville were the same managers for North Carolina and Georgia, so I figured it was worth a shot.  I interviewed again for those jobs over the phone.  The manager for the job in Ohio actually lives in Massachusetts, so I was able to interview with him in person.  The interview was on November 1st.  I got a phone call today from the 2 different staffing people.  I didn't get the jobs in the south.  The other call was to tell me that I got the job in Ohio.  Even though my new job is with the same company, I put in my two weeks notice today.  In the next few weeks, I'm going to start packing up my stuff and moving out to the Dayton, OH area. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 11:42:19 PM »

NICE!!! Moving up and making bank FTW.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 12:08:49 AM »

No.  This is a lateral move.  I will be making the same amount of money as I am currently.  The benefit to this move is that I will no longer be stuck in a dead end job that I am completely burned out on.  The new job is completely different where I am going out in the field fixing displays and training people.  It beats sitting at a desk tethered to a phone all day long having people yell at you for a problem you didn't cause while you're being micromanaged by people that aren't even capable of doing the job you do.  I am also going to be moving to an area where the cost of living is 25% lower.  Housing is 71% lower than where I live right now, so I'll be able to rent a place with a 2 car garage until I can prepare to buy a house. 

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 01:11:44 AM »

I'm glad that you finally got things going the way you wanted them to (or at least I think so, lol). I wish the best of luck to you with your moving!

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 02:03:26 AM »

Sounds like great news stay focus and good luck out there!

slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 07:46:08 AM »

Good on ya Tim!.

Maybe you wont be suck a dick anymore!!  Cheesy
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 08:00:34 AM »

Ummm what?

Tim
status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 10:54:41 AM »

congrats tim, sounds like the change youve been wanting. glad to see it work. plus Ohio could use a big player since lebron left.

-Alec
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 11:08:23 AM »

Cool Tim, but in reality it will be a pay bump in that the cost of living in Ohio is much lower than the Boston area, hell your state income tax will be like 4% lower right off the bat, then you have rent costs, car insurance, ect, that will all be lower.......

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 11:29:48 AM »

That's true Paul.  I know that the lower cost of living will be like a pay increase.  I've taken into consideration that this job gives me a vehicle and pays for all gas, insurance, and maintenance.  So my car will now be driven on the weekends.  They pay for my cell phone bill and pay for me to have internet for my home office.  On top of the lower cost of living, while keeping the same pay rate.  The cool part is that I will now be a lot closer to my family.  Since my parents are getting older and my brother isn't very dependable, it's important for me to be close by.

Tim
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »

Thats exciting tim! Congrates bro!

fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 12:04:32 PM »

Man i love to hear stories like this. I was also stuck at a dead end job uP until last year. I was working 50+ hours a week with no benifits or overtime rate. And i was making a shit hourly rate driving a pick up. I finally got a new job back in aug driving a flat bed truck. With a huge Pay increase, benifits, & cell phone!
Being close to your family is key. Plus saving the accord for the weekend is just the icing on the cake! Lol

DV8mAn

I'm Tired...

Reputation Power: 4
DV8mAn pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 12:34:19 PM »

Congrats Tim.  Dayton isn't a bad area.  Mid size town but close to Cincy.  Def lower cost of living than where you're at now.  I go to the Lima/Sidney, OH area multiple times a year.  We'll have to connect one of these days.  Whatever happens, please don't become an Ohio State fan!!!  Again congrats, I'm happy for ya buddy.
Mr Eazy

Reputation Power: 8
Mr Eazy pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 04:44:42 PM »

CANGRATUALATIONS BROTHER!!!!!!

Kat and I are both happy for you.  how is Robyn taking this?

Arie
2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 10:07:57 PM »

Congrats Tim. I hope this brings you happiness! We need to make it a point to get together before you take off bro. If you can find time of course!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012