Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:04:55 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Nano Ceramic coating  (Read 4650 times)
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: November 24, 2010, 08:55:14 PM »

well on my detailing forums i constantly get introduced to new products and try to try most of them to see what can be improved on protection side of detail. Polishes have been around and dont change much, cant say the same for protection products. this kind of product is very popular in asia and japan but only now started to make it here, its actualy imported so only one place in US sells it
product called CQuartz, its nano ceramic based coating system which is like super sealant, company claims it will last about 2 years with proper maintenance or less if its gona be polished or washed improperly. purpose of this product is to protect the cars finish and makes it easier to wash the car, soft paint will benefit from this coating since it resists scratches better then your car clear coat, application of product is tricky and surface has to be perfect and COMPLETELY oil free (Dawn is recommended for to remove all oils, P21S TAW can be used as well).
i got the product from distributor wetsanded panels since i want to do my whole car and applied product (took me 3 times to get it right, removing product inbetween tries but finaly got it right, here is results

keep in mind fender was washed with Dawn and CG citruswash

here is some videos of product testing done by other ppl

Cquartz hammered protection.AVI

CQuartz Anti Scratch

Blue EvoX that we did couple weeks ago will be receiving this treatment soon

Mikhael

Wetsanded my hood today and applied CQuartz, looks sick, i can say its mile deep, cant wait to see it once it rains, coating is like RainX on super steroids as you can see from fender video

after 1500grit

after 2000 and then 3000 grit
starting to polish with rotary and wool pad

after wool pad on PC for final compounding.

after polishing with SIP, 203 and 106 on different pads

washed car with Dawn to remove all polishing oils to get it ready for CQuartz application

applied coating, waited 30 min at 30C to cure, wiped off, left car under gas heater for 2 more hours to let it cure more, coating should be completely cured in 48hours

done

reflection without orangepeel

driver side fender is next, then clear bra
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 12:18:12 PM by AV6NHBP6SPD » Logged

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 09:09:58 PM »

Thats amazing looks well worth it  Grin

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 10:26:04 PM »

Looks good Misha.  So it's supposed to last 2 years?  How new is this product and how many people have been able to report the results after a few months?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 01:47:27 AM »

well its new for us, in japan this stuff been used for a while now, there are bunch of videos on youtube in japanees for similar product, i know dealerships offer something like this as well. this particular product is being imported from japan pretty much. i did some research on technology they using and its not new at all, i guess they just starting to get it for auto use

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012