Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:32:49 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFTERMARKET FUEL RAIL/ INSTALL  (Read 7096 times)
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
CurrentStatus pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2010, 06:29:24 PM »

So, apparently, there are several companies that have aftermarket fuel rails for the 06 accord (k24a8)

First question is are there any brands that make a superior fuel rail? (i.e. the skunk2 composite vs. the k-tuned brand vs. aem....etc)

Second, are there any in depth install requirements, or should i just be able to unplug and plug stock and aftermarket?

To Each His Own
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 05:46:30 AM »

Should be a straight swap. Why are you upgrading your rail? I was under the impression the stock one can handle to about 250ish. I could be wrong though.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 08:18:36 AM »

Same thing.  What's the purpose for upgrading?

I have a Skunk2 fuel rail and have liked it a lot.  I'll admit that I got it for the looks.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

CurrentStatus pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 12:25:40 PM »

just making some small upgrades before I get K-pro....

To Each His Own
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

CurrentStatus pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 12:28:10 PM »

Im almost certain i am getting the k-tuned fuel rail....reason for upgraded fuel rail is its just on the list of small shit to get before I get k-pro.....once i have k-pro, i plan on doing a Frankenstein, 24 bottom, 20 head......but thats two years down the road before that will be done

To Each His Own
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 01:36:10 PM »

Its really unnecessary to be honest. Dave (Icebox) is running the same frank you're talking about and is still on the stock fuel rail. Tim is running a CTSC and admitted he got his for looks. The only reason you would NEED the upgraded rail is if you plan on pushing some big power out of your engine. A simple frank doesn't need it. At any rate, its your money and if you WANT the fuel rail, who are we to bash on your hopes and dreams?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 03:08:44 PM »

I was fine when I was running a stock fuel rail and RDX injectors after I swapped the motor with all the extra upgrades.  I was probably making about 275-300 whp at that point.  The only reason why you'd need a fuel rail right now is for engine bling.  I guarantee you don't need a fuel rail for a real VTEC head swap. 

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

CurrentStatus pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 05:27:23 PM »

ok, well, i guess im getting it for looks then, lol. I have big plans for the frank, but honestly, who doesnt? I plan on keeping the accord for a long time, in part, because, it is a honda. second, I REALLY LIKE having a car that no one else has.......and if things happen the way I am planning, I am hoping to get up to 400hp with turbo and all the extras. Is it a bit much to hope for, yes. But, the looks on people faces when I beat a g35, for example, is priceless. Everyone can go and get an sti, or an evo, or a genesis, but I am more of a built not bought guy. So, until I get the frank done, Im working on all the loose ends, cuz once I get all the small things finished up, all thats left is all the big (and expensive) mods.....its just easier to do all the small things first. thanks for all feedback tho

To Each His Own
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 09:09:02 PM »

K Tuned is good shit.  They are good people and very friendly.  I bought my clutch line from Mike at K Tuned.  He was really cool and I can't say enough good stuff about that company.  With the AEM fuel rail, you can tuck your wires inside of it, which is cool and makes for a really clean install.  With the Skunk2 fuel rail that I have, it requires that you use the fuel pulse damper from an RSX Type S.  It may not be necessary to use a fuel damper, but it's a good idea for a high HP application.  Another thing is that the OEM RSX Type S fuel damper is a lot less expensive than an aftermarket one.

Tim
asnstyle22
Fucking Newb

asnstyle22 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 06:38:05 AM »

hrm... do i need fuel rail upgrade if i want to do E85? injectors? currently running rdx
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 08:27:35 AM »

If you're planning on running E85, you're going to want to upgrade all your fuel lines and any other rubber parts in your fuel system.  The fuel rail is metal, so it should be fine.  I'm assuming that you're running kpro if you have the RDX injectors.  What's your duty cycle with them right now?  You may need to upgrade your injectors to 550's or 650's.  You may end up maxing out the RDX injectors with E85.

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012