Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:54:34 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Power lock actuator  (Read 7814 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« on: August 19, 2010, 08:49:00 PM »

I didn't have the chance to snap photos but, I'll post the info I discovered while doing this hoping it makes it easier in the future.

1. Remove the door panel completely.

2. Take the bottom bolt out of the driverside window track allowing it to move(window must be up to perform the work)

3. Un clip the rods going to the lock, and door handle, and take the screw out of the put of the lock that sticks up allowing it to move.

4. Unplug the 2 wires running to the actuator. The actuator is located in the left side of the door just slightly below center.

5. Unbolt the door latch assembly from the side of the door. 3 Phillips screws. This requires a little luck but, wiggle and twist the assembly out of the door taking note of how all the rods and wires were run.

6. Once out of the car you will see that you need to remove a gold plate (one Phillips screw, and clips on the side) take a picture of this assembly so you know how it needs to go back together.

7. After removing the gold metal piece the actuator is held to the assembly by two clips. Installation is the reverse but, I would strongly suggest testing everything before putting the door panel back on. Bolt everything into place and make sure the locks, power locks, and both door handles work.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 05:08:43 PM »

That's pretty much how I did it.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 05:57:53 PM »

ballpark how much does a new actuator cost?...one of mine whines a little after not touching the car for a week...maybe it needs to be lubed?

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 06:30:10 PM »

I think I paid about $14 for mine with my special friend of the Honda parts department discount.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 07:12:46 PM »

I didnt pay more than 30
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 08:04:55 PM »

List price is $26 an actuator.  Majestic has it listed for $18 and Bernardi has it listed for $19.  I'd pay the extra dollar and get it from Bernardi.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 12:16:21 PM »

I don't know why you've had such hard luck with Majestic they treat me great.
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 12:33:49 PM »

i still need to get mines done its super annoying but doesn't sound that difficult now

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 04:47:46 PM »

Its just a little tough to get at. It's not awful but, I had to get help because my giant arms didn't fit in the door very well
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 11:04:41 PM »

It's really not that hard to do.  It really doesn't take that long either.  It only took me like 20 minutes, and I basically just kinda guessed on how to take everything apart.  It's really simple.

Tim
Wesleyboytellem
Fucking Newb

Rack em up, Put em down

Reputation Power: 1
Wesleyboytellem pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 04:57:12 PM »

since when have they gone up from around $20 to $40 + $12 shipping.
and im suppose to be saving money...
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 08:05:00 PM »

Call Auto Fair Honda in Manchester, NH and ask for Ryan or Rich. Tell them Tim told you to call. He will get you the best possible price. They are Honda enthusiasts and take care of guy like us.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 08:05:06 AM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
Wesleyboytellem
Fucking Newb

Rack em up, Put em down

Reputation Power: 1
Wesleyboytellem pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 04:13:45 PM »

As promised. For a first time, some parts were a pain in the ass(removing the latch assembly) but overall common sense. Take pictures on how the cables are run before you remove anything.
Door panel removed.

View of actuator from inside door

Remove the rods connected to these two clips (near and far picture)at the top by door lock

Clips holding actuator

Then just re-install. Tip: slide window guide up when taking door latch assembly out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012