Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:32:38 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Total Recall thread  (Read 25773 times)
Anthony212

Reputation Power: 2
Anthony212 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2010, 04:44:12 PM »

Like Tim requested, recalls be in this thread.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-10921161

Honda is recalling more than 384,000 vehicles in the US because of problems with the ignition interlock mechanism.
The recall involves about 197,000 Accord and 117,000 Civic models from the 2003 model year, as well as 69,000 Element vehicles from 2003 and 2004.
The fault could allow the ignition key to be removed without the vehicle being shifted into "Park" and could cause a car to roll away, Honda said.
A parallel recall in Canada covers a further 44,000 vehicles.
Honda said it had received several complaints about the failure of the ignition interlock mechanism.
It said it was aware of "a small number of incidents, including one that resulted in a minor injury".
Honda said customers would be notified from late September.
This is the third recall Honda has issued over the same problem. The previous two were in 2003 and 2005.

Honda and Acura 6 Speed Manual Problem Addressed - TSB Released - Automotive Articles .com Magazine

Service Bulletin
© 2008 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. – All Rights Reserved ATB 38262 (0804) 1 of 3
CUSTOMER INFORMATION: The information in this bulletin is intended for use only by skilled technicians who have the proper tools, equipment,
and training to correctly and safely maintain your vehicle. These procedures should not be attempted by “do-it-yourselfers,” and you should not assume
this bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle has the condition described. To determine whether this information applies, contact an
authorized Honda automobile dealer.
April 12, 2008
08-020
Applies To: See VEHICLES AFFECTED
Transmission Grinds When Shifting Into 3rd Gear, Pops Out of 3rd Gear, or
Is Hard to Shift Into 3rd Gear
SYMPTOM
The 6-speed manual transmission grinds when shifting
into 3rd gear, pops out of 3rd gear, or is hard to shift
into 3rd gear.
NOTE: These symptoms can be intermittent and
sometimes more noticeable in colder climates.
PROBABLE CAUSE
The transmission has a faulty 3rd gear synchronizer or
3-4 shift sleeve.
CORRECTIVE ACTION
Replace the 3rd gear set.
VEHICLES AFFECTED
2003–07 Accord V6 with M/T: ALL
2008 Accord V6 with M/T 2-Door:
From VIN 1HGCS218.8A000001
thru 1HGCS218.8A003478
2006–07 Civic Si 2-Door: ALL
2008 Civic Si 2-Door:
From VIN 2HGFG215.8H700001
thru 2HGFG215.8H701973
2007 Civic Si 4-Door: ALL
2008 Civic Si 4-Door:
From VIN 2HGFA555.8H700001
thru 2HGFA555.8H702465

http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosins...tos-199589.htm

Honda Motor Co. is widening a recall of vehicles in the U.S. and Canada to 1.14 million units, among its largest, covering Accord and Acura cars that have the same transmission fault that triggered a light-truck recall this year.

Japan’s third-largest automaker is voluntarily recalling 536,950 vehicles, with V-6 engines and 5-speed automatic transmissions, in addition to those already announced in April. The company is also recalling 79,531 units in Japan to fix faulty transmissions and fuel tanks, starting tomorrow.

The inspections and repairs will cost Honda about $63 million, in addition to the $153 million being spent on the light- truck portion of the recall, spokesman Andy Boyd said. In Japan, Honda is spending about $8.5 million on its recall.

Honda was runner-up to Toyota Motor Co.p. in an annual reliability study of three-year-old cars and trucks by J.D. Power & Associates in the U.S. Honda, Toyota and Nissan Motor Co., benefited from consumer perceptions that they build better vehicles to increase their U.S. market share to 24.1 percent last year from 22.2 percent, according to Autodata Corp.

Honda’s North American recall includes 2003- and 2004-model Accords, 2000- through early 2004-model Acura TL sedans, and 2001- through 2003-model Acura CLs, Boyd said. In April, the company recalled 600,000 U.S. and Canadian Odyssey minivans, and Pilot and Acura MDX sport-utility vehicles with the same transmission.

Shares of Honda, which ranks fifth in U.S. sales, fell 0.6 percent to 5,260 yen in Tokyo.

Japanese Recall

The Japanese recall covers 68,000 vehicles with gearbox defects, including Odyssey and Lagreat minivans. The Tokyo-based carmaker will also take back 11,531 Inspire sedans with faulty fuel pumps, spokesman Kazuhiro Suda said. There have been no accidents reported in Japan, the company said in a statement.

The problem results from insufficient lubrication of a transmission shaft that can overheat, potentially damaging gear teeth or causing the gears to break, Honda said in a statement.

The U.S. unit of Tokyo-based Honda has had only one reported incident of a transmission failing in the car models recalled and no reported accidents or injuries, Boyd said.

“We are acting out of an abundance of caution to ensure that this doesn’t become an issue for our customers,” Tom Elliot, Honda’s U.S. executive vice president, said in a statement. Customers will be notified by letter starting mid-July.

In most cases, the gears will be inspected and the flow of transmission fluid will be modified, Honda said. If damage from insufficient lubrication is found, the transmission will be replaced, the company said. Recall repairs typically are paid for out of reserves set aside for that purpose.

The Accord is Honda’s best-selling model, with annual sales in the U.S. and Canada exceeding 400,000.

Covers 7th gen V6 auto's

Honda will have to repair nearly 600,000 Accords due to the latest fire-related recall.

Honda appears to be well on its way to again leading the market in terms of the number of recalled vehicles. The maker has confirmed more than 625,000 of its Accord and Acura TL sedans will be impacted by the latest service action due to a potential fire hazard.

The new development actually expands on an earlier recall involving 52,613 of the Acura models sold during the 2007 and 2008 model-years. The maker has now added another 573,147 Accords equipped with V-6 engines marketed during the 2003 through 2007 model-years.

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the power steering hoses in those vehicles could deteriorate prematurely and lead to a leakage of fluid. If that comes into contact with hot engine parts, such as the catalytic converter, the fluid could catch fire.

So far, federal regulators say they have received one report of an actual vehicle fire – which did not result in injuries.

The midsize Accord and the Acura TL share many common components – a practice widespread in the auto industry and one that often leads to recalls involving numerous different nameplates. The Accord itself is the second-best-selling passenger car nameplate in the U.S. An all-new model was recently introduced for the 2013 model-year.

Honda intends to notify owners of the latest recall this month and will make repairs at no cost to consumers. However, the maker has cautioned that due to a need to produce replacement parts in such large volume the repairs might not be completed until sometime in early 2013.

Owners can find out more about the recall by contacting Honda at 800-999-1009 or NHTSA through its vehicle safety hotline at 888-327-4236.

Honda recalls 625,000 Accords, Acura TL sedans - Bottom Line

EDIT:

If you have already had yours repaired before this came out I would have Honda make sure they didn't replace your faulty hose for another that will go bad in a few years.

Thanks to (K) for this:
For anyone who doesn't want to pick up the phone and dial, you can also go to Honda's recall website and punch in your VIN.

www.recalls.honda.com

The last three I added were gleaned from v6p's "Honda Recalls and TSB's that may affect your 7th gen" thread. Big ups to SixSpeeder on v6p for taking the time to create the thread on v6p.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 11:35:01 AM by CrackerTeg » Logged

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 07:19:03 PM »

Interesting
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 09:46:47 PM »

Good thing I don't drive an AT.  This topic has been moved to the appropriate forum.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
jdmaccord

Reputation Power: 7
jdmaccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 11:10:33 AM »

FML not another one Cry
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 11:33:25 AM »

saw this on the news last night...didnt even think that it was AT tranny. thank god i have a 6spd

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 12:56:02 PM »

Glad I sold my 03  Shocked
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 01:04:16 PM »

Ahhh they will fix it just like all the others. Maybe I should let my car roll down a hill and get some cash!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 01:27:50 PM »

Take the wheels off first.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ROLO

Reputation Power: 8
ROLO pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 01:13:41 PM »

Ahhh they will fix it just like all the others. Maybe I should let my car roll down a hill and get some cash!

LMAO
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 03:15:01 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/driveon/2012/10/01/recall-acura-tl-honda-accord-fire-power-steering/1606379/

Here's another recall.  I think it includes my car.

Somebody rename this the recall thread please.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 03:53:53 PM »

Thats on the TSXs as well
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 04:41:33 PM »

Should I wait for a letter in the mail?
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 05:05:30 PM »

Should I wait for a letter in the mail?

Sedan only I think
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 05:07:34 PM »

It's only for the v6 variants. Doesn't apply to the k's.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 05:20:56 PM »

Ok gotcha..thanks Mike n Z
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012