Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:05:07 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SRS Unit  (Read 4828 times)
Accord1234

Reputation Power: 1
Accord1234 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2010, 12:17:43 PM »

Anybody know where the SRS unit is on the gen 7 accords and how to remove it. I bought a new one from honda already and need to put it in.
Thanks
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 04:29:15 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's right where your ECU is.  I believe it's right on top of the ECU.  You'll probably have to take out your lower cubby to get to it.  I have never replaced one, but it shouldn't be terribly hard to accomplish.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 09:52:50 PM »

I actually think I remember talking to Skizot about this. I think it is under the center console where the between the two seat belts. The female side of the belt. I could very well be wrong but, thats what I recall from a conversation a long time ago
Accord1234

Accord1234 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 10:25:36 PM »

I'm going to have to check around before I start taking apart. I even tried reading the shop manual but couldn't find it either.
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 10:48:31 PM »

Yup think it's in the cubby area. Anything with a yellow tape or yellow connector going to it has something to do with the SRS in the car.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 11:30:22 PM »

Honesty, if you can't find it after following the instructions in a shop manual, you may want to bring it to a certified mechanic.  I'm not trying to be a dick, but this might be a bit more than you're capable of accomplishing.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Accord1234

Accord1234 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 12:46:05 AM »

I know. I''m trying. Had all the body work done at a shop but been trying to fix the air bag shit myself. I just ordered a drivers side airbag, drivers side seat belt, srs unit and both front impact sensors. If it don't work out I'll be forced to bring it to Honda. I so hate Honda of Staten Island. I might even resort to going to a Honda dealership in Jersey.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 01:59:17 AM by CrackerTeg » Logged
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 07:33:07 AM »

I think you are going to have to bring it somewhere because I'm pretty sure there is a computer associated with the airbags that will need to be reset(Other than the SRS unit)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 08:54:34 AM »

Thought this would be better suited to this forum instead of the lighting one.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Accord1234

Accord1234 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 07:57:58 PM »

When I install the parts, then I can see if the light goes out on the dash. If not, it's gotta go to Honda
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 09:17:34 PM »

I'd call a couple of collision repair shops they might be able to reset things for you.
Accord1234

Accord1234 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 11:10:18 PM »

I'll try that also. Thanks
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 08:35:32 AM »

Could save you some cash.
Accord1234

Accord1234 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 01:16:06 AM »

Seems to be after all the air bags componets were installed and I drove the car for a week or two, all the lights went off. The passenger airbag light, side air bag light and that red air bag light all went off. I'm guessing the computer reset itself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012