Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:32:36 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone try replica lip kit?  (Read 4784 times)
AccordEXxx
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
AccordEXxx pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2010, 10:27:47 PM »

tried searching and couldnt find much.

But I was looking on ebay and there was the replica kit for around 300, with free pick up which is sort of local to me.

Problem is , it is replica and FIBERGLASS, the worse of materials for lips but then again CHEAP.

Anyone here try any replica kits?
Like 300 for the whole kit isnt bad ... my main concern is fitment really.
Anyone here have any experiences? I cant find any used OEM ones locally, because shipping usually kills any deal the kit might be.

Thanks
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 02:37:50 AM »

From what I've read of others' experiences, fitment usually isn't that great with those egay kits. You also mentioned a big one that presents a problem with many enthusiasts. Fiberglass. Usually, those low dollar kits use low quality glass in their kits and they crack easily and suck to repair when they do break. I've lost count of how many broken fiberglass kits remain on cars and the owners don't do anything about it. Urethane is the only way to go. Even though it costs more, you'd be hard pressed to find anything with the quality of the OE HFP kit. Try getting your local dealer to price match what you find online. A lot of dealers do that so they get the business the online dealers are getting.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 08:08:07 AM »

I have to agree.  I will guarantee that any replica will not fit properly.  I had a VIS CF HFP replica lip and it didn't come close to fitting as good as my OEM HFP lip. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 08:32:55 AM »

Another thing to consider is that the OEM lip comes painted if you can find one in stock the right color you can save the cost of paint, which brings you alot closer to the cost of that replica kit. Probably going to cost you $300 - $400 to have a good shop install it and paint the kit, and then blend it into the current paint.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 04:37:33 AM »

fitment not that great bro. My friend had one on his accord. On hot days the gaps would grow, but he got it for 100 bucks picked up.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 01:28:26 PM by CrackerTeg » Logged

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
AccordEXxx
Fucking Newb

AccordEXxx pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 03:53:07 PM »

Yeah the main concern for these kit's is the fitment.
I've seen kits that fit terrible! but then again kit's that also ... fit well (hard to believe isnt it  Cheesy)
I think these kit's may be hit or miss? If I go through with it I'll probably see if i can do a test fit before I buy (obviously! Tongue)

Also with going to the dealer ... Im not sure if its here but the honda dealerships around here have the "were the bestest ever , in the whole universe even! Since honda is #1 sellers of civics, demand is high and we wont hook u up and charge you every single cent! If you dont want it someone else will!! muahahha"
That's how they are ... that's why i like to avoid them at all costs. Also a kit would EASILY run me 1K + from honda.

and thanks lavalleemike , you just reminded me of something VERY important ! OEM paint. Would be a better route but the best deals are online :S and shipping ruins any deal possible  Cry

And thisaznboi88 , is your buddys kit the fiberglass one? 
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 08:12:22 PM »

You're in Canada, right?  Why don't you get it from a dealership in the states?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
AccordEXxx
Fucking Newb

AccordEXxx pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 06:28:27 PM »

You're in Canada, right?  Why don't you get it from a dealership in the states?

Yup , and most likely shipping will be quite expensive, also customs and taxes will be pretty bad.

Only thing I can think of is to drive to the states, and then pick it up and install it there before heading back, but then it's also much more work.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 06:53:37 PM »

It's not much work to install a lip.  If you're somewhere close to the border, I would recommend you man up and do it.  I wouldn't pay for shipping, I'd just buy and install it in the states, then drive back.  If you're not close, it's time to get a friend that is!

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 09:50:31 PM »

Driving over is probably the best bet. You will get OEM paint, OEM fit, and OEM quality. Do it right the first time man.
bdbconcepts
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
bdbconcepts pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 09:47:24 AM »

I have the Kit by AIT racing...it is fiberglass but very strong and very flexible...
I am currently debating a color change or a two-tone color scheme (black top trunk hood and roof with silver everywhere else)or just plain factory color with a serious cleacoat and wetsand to it.....
I have a friend with a body shop so I just do the prep work and buy the paint and pay him for the spraying of the car...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012