Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:40:10 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: HVAC Cleaning  (Read 8944 times)
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2010, 10:23:02 PM »

Soo have you ever turned on the A/C , heat, or just air and you get a big whiff of WTF man, my car smells like the men gym.... kinda smell then this is the product for you. If you ran over a skunk and its not stuck in your A/C system. All I can say is gl? trade in the car? i ono

Well if you do this is what you need to do.

Get a bottle of A/C and heater odor remover 6-10 bucks

A new cabin filter. (carbon activated for best results)

First off you will need to locate your cabin filter. Its behind the glove box.

First you will need to remove all the stuff in the glove box, then release the arm on the right side of the box, afterwards squeeze the box together and it should fall down. The filter is inside of that box with the arrow point out the air flow going down.

After you found it get your bottle of A/C odor remover and fine the external air vents. It is located outside near the driver side wipers. What you do is turn on the A/C full blast and make sure it is getting the external air. Then spray baby spray until 1/3 of the bottle is used. Make sure all your windows are down and run it for 2 mins

Next you will turn off the A/C completely and spray the a/c odor remover into the vents (used 1/3) and in then go back to your filter box and out it up and unload in there also. Let it sit for 1 min. Then turn on the A/C full blast again but this time use the circulation and continue spaying  whatever is left into the internal cabin vent (vent on top of filter).

Let it run for 5- 10 mins.

Change air filter because it now has all the dead mold and bacteria in it. Take a shower after to make sure you don't bring any of those nasty nasty into bed ^^.

Afterwards enjoy your fresh smelling car.

video

« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 04:48:27 PM by timot_one » Logged

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 07:10:55 PM »

kool. my ac stinks. (filter does need replacing)

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 10:49:18 PM »

I might have to give this a try to get ride of my nasty transmission fluid smell.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 11:16:00 PM »

Nice write up.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 01:42:23 AM »

Nice write up.

No problem bro. Just sharing the love. Also amazon has the carbon activated filter for 15 + 3 mail in rebate so it might be worth it instead of going to honda and getting theirs for 50.

JDMJNKY

Reputation Power: 2
JDMJNKY pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 04:23:40 AM »

Damn this is a great post!

Forgive & Forget, disrespect and redeem!!! Wink
JDMJNKY's ULTIMATE FOR SALE THREAD LISTING! <=== Click me
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 10:50:45 AM »

Sticky  Grin
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 11:04:36 AM »

Also amazon has the carbon activated filter for 15 + 3 mail in rebate so it might be worth it instead of going to honda and getting theirs for 50.

I've gotten the cabin air filters from Amazon and found them on eBay for about $9-10.  These were just the regular paper filters though.  I checked the price for the cabin air filter from honda and list price is only $29.  If a dealership was going to charge you $50, their mark up was ridiculous.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 02:04:48 PM »

this is the one I got. They jacked up the price after I bought it....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010E00T6/ref=oss_product

v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 11:27:40 AM »

^ you cant go wrong with FRAM filters.  this is a great write up, might have to give it a whirl this summer.  im definitely starting to get das funk.

J u s t i n
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 01:04:16 PM »

I'm sure their air filters are pretty good, but their oil filters leave much to be desired.  I'd stay away from their oil filters since there are plenty of problems. 

Tim
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 04:17:11 PM »

When I swapped my filter out, I just went with the NAPA brand. It was like $20.

thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 10:44:31 PM »

I'm sure their air filters are pretty good, but their oil filters leave much to be desired.  I'd stay away from their oil filters since there are plenty of problems.  

Yeah there oil filter is iffy. The air filter is good stuff. It's made by honeywell which makes hepa filter for hospitals.

Thanks for changing the title also. I wasn't too sure what to call it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 03:38:59 AM by thisaznboi88 » Logged

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 07:54:01 AM »

I just wanted to clean it up to match the titles of the other "how to" threads.

Tim
mitchigan

Reputation Power: 1
mitchigan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 01:29:50 PM »

Thx for the write up, I used it to guide me today while I cleaned out my HVAC. the weather here is getting colder and my heater was blowing some pretty smelly stuff.

CM66 Taffeta White J30A4
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012