Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:29:21 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455169 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1410 on: January 11, 2012, 10:47:51 AM »

The other side of that coin is that Apple is only making one phone. So to fairly compare I(P)OS and Android you have to compare Andriod's top phone to the Iphone. Be it Nexus S or Galaxy Nexus they are pretty much bug free, and have all of the cutting edge tech.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: January 11, 2012, 03:30:33 PM »

I don't know dude. There have been complaints with the galaxy nexus. I'll tell you what. After routing and loading a tweaked stock ROM on my SGS2, ifail doesn't even come close. My bugs are non existant.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1412 on: January 11, 2012, 03:40:05 PM »

Its in it's first month look what the Iphone 4 went through the first month.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: January 11, 2012, 04:32:25 PM »

I don't know dude. There have been complaints with the galaxy nexus.
Its in it's first month look what the Iphone 4 went through the first month.

Agreed.  Most of the complaints people have are minor, and are typically a software issue that can be fixed later.  I haven't yet run across a hardware issue with mine.

The problems haven't been anything like the antenna problem that plagued the iPhone 4, where Apple's fix was to tell people to hold their phone a certain way or use a bumper case; providing a free bumper case is really just a band-aid for the problem.

- Mark
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: January 11, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »

Very true. Personally, I'm glad I stepped over to Android and will never look back. Now I can't wait for ICS to get distributed or for the cyanogen guys to cook something up that's stable.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: January 19, 2012, 01:15:11 AM »

Took the SGS2 back and got a Nexus S. I couldn't justify the expense for that Galaxy no matter how sweet it was. I'm happy with my Nexus though. Its leagues better than my Phoenix was.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1416 on: January 19, 2012, 09:27:31 AM »

Welcome to Nexus....
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: January 19, 2012, 06:01:38 PM »

Thanks man. This thing is sweet. Not as sweet as the SGS2 but still sweet. Already have CM7.1 on it with OC and UV. Been less than 48 hours. I'm thinking of throwing CM9 on it. Decisions.

Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: January 23, 2012, 11:44:20 AM »

My girl just picked up a Nexus any websites I should checkout on unlocking it's full potential? Or is it good to go out of the box? I haven't used it yet she just msg'd me and wanted me to look around.
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: January 23, 2012, 12:04:23 PM »

should be okay out of the box, but there's always some more fun to be had with nexus phones.  xda-developers.com is a great site to learn more about it. go to the forums and find the specific forum for the phone you have.  Read as much as possible before attempting anything though..

-brian
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: January 23, 2012, 12:12:24 PM »

What he said. I'm now downloading an ICS based custom ROM for it and from what I've seen, its the smoothest running one yet. Woohoo GummyNex!

Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: January 23, 2012, 12:23:05 PM »

Right on thanks guys! Ya I make sure to research the shit out of stuff before I do anything to it. Aha ever think that tuning is a lifestyle? It maybe just me but pretty much everything I own has been modded to work better or do more. (car, jailbroke iPhone, home-brewed wii, hacked x-box, etc...)
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: January 23, 2012, 12:34:03 PM »

as long as you can troubleshoot it when something goes wrong, I fully agree.. I love bleeding edge tech.  Makes my life more interesting at least lol.  My wife hates it though, especially when she walks out of the bathroom to find me sitting at the table with her laptop in pieces in front of me.. hehehe

-brian
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: January 23, 2012, 12:35:58 PM »

Guilty of the same. My wife thinks my last phoner died because of all the ROM flashing I did and that's why I got the Nexus. Truth is, it was fine but I wanted a new phone. I did kill it to show her that it died.  Wink

Moessteezy

Names Moe

Reputation Power: 2
Moessteezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: January 23, 2012, 04:11:27 PM »

What are you guys thoughts on the droid bionic from verizon?
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012