Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:13:46 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455016 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: September 09, 2011, 10:05:24 AM »

I'm actually interested in the Samsung Captivate. Its been out for awhile, I think since October of last year, and is practically phased out. I realize its a more expensive phone but I havn't heard anything negative about it. You would think ATT would try to look out for a customer that's been with them for awhile that even registers in their database as military but they're not.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
DV8mAn

I'm Tired...

Reputation Power: 4
DV8mAn pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: September 09, 2011, 10:40:41 AM »

I'm actually interested in the Samsung Captivate. Its been out for awhile, I think since October of last year, and is practically phased out. I realize its a more expensive phone but I havn't heard anything negative about it. You would think ATT would try to look out for a customer that's been with them for awhile that even registers in their database as military but they're not.

Do you mean the Samsung Craptivate?  My wife has that phone and its junk.  BTW, a regional sales manager for ATT coined the name "Craptivate" if that tells you anything..
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 09, 2011, 11:01:24 AM »

Yeah, the captivate has been out for about a year now.. it's ATT's version of my previous phone, and from the Samsung Galaxy S line-up.  Samsung did a terrible job supporting these phones and needed software updates were delayed and delayed.. granted, a lot of that could have been thanks to VZW's crap, but I dont know.  The one thing I will say about the original galaxy s line-up is that those SAMOLED screen are gorgeous.  It's the only thing I miss about my Fascinate.  The rooting/ROMing process is also a lot different..  but at least there is a large amount of development that has already occurred that makes the phone a lot more tolerable.

Have you looked at the Samsung Infuse?  It's one of the top shelf android devices ATT has and has an upgraded screen from the captivate... until the Galaxy S II comes out in the next couple weeks/month it may be a good choice.  However, I dont know anything about the development of it..

-brian
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: September 09, 2011, 01:13:38 PM »

The reason I mention the captivate is the development for it. I really want to find a Nexus one to be honest. Even two years later (almost), people still talk about that phone.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: September 09, 2011, 01:35:30 PM »

They aren't manufactured anymore.  The reason it's still talked about is because it's a fully stock phone aimed at developers specifically.  The Nexus S is the second iteration of it (i think mike has that one), and there's the rumored "Nexus Prime" that is supposed to be coming out by the end of the year.  To be honest, I think the captivate has better specs, but the nexus you have full stock android, instead of touchwiz from samsung.

-brian
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1250 on: September 09, 2011, 03:06:33 PM »

Nexus S is the shit.... True open source, and all the updates come to it first. There have been rumors about Samsung putting out a nexus II 2
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: September 09, 2011, 03:42:09 PM »

Somehow, I got my Phoenix working. Factory reset and all is good. Didn't work with the previous one though.

accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: September 12, 2011, 10:36:33 AM »

I'm bored at work, if any of you have Words with Friends and would care to challenge me feel free to do so.  My SN is HondaBN or PM me and I'll give you my phone number. Wink

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: September 12, 2011, 10:43:31 AM »

Tapatalk is awesome.

Ryan, you suck.  I initiated the game.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:46:12 AM by gargantula99 » Logged

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: September 12, 2011, 11:42:39 PM »

Newbie and I are battling it out on words with friends. Epic game. Lol

accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: September 13, 2011, 07:33:13 AM »

Yeah... who sucks now!

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: September 13, 2011, 08:19:58 AM »

You will fall newbie!

accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: September 13, 2011, 09:18:00 AM »

You will.. die...
(Use your imagination and picture Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars... I don't wanna post a pic and get in trouble)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 09:19:38 AM by accordguy04 » Logged

-Ryan

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1258 on: September 13, 2011, 09:24:13 AM »

Yeah... who sucks now!

You do.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: September 13, 2011, 11:23:25 AM »

hahaha!!! I told you, you were going down!! Sucker!!

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012