Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:37:09 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455065 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2010, 11:32:47 AM »

I've had better on my iPhone 3G. Going to get the 3GS when I get home this Christmas for R&R. Don't really care to get the i4. Besides, I already have a dash mount and case for the 3G/3GS so why change all the shit out? BTW Mike, get off of Google's cock. Fanboy.  laugh

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2010, 12:26:04 PM »

At least I don't follow the flock! I had a Google (Android) phone before 85% of you fucks knew what it was! I've been in since day one, and have been nothing but, satisfied. It's a company I have a good sum of money invested in they have a very strong business model which has been very profitable to my investments. When there is a software issue with there devices they actually fix them. They release phones that the buttons actually work correctly on out of the box oh and I can hold my phone how ever I want and it actually works! Just follow that flock straight off the cliff!
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2010, 01:07:38 PM »

Well Z, to put things into perspective, the Droid X has a huge display, faster processor, and quadruple the amount of RAM than your 3G. But it's like comparing apples to oranges. I was never expecting the phone to be a battery saving monster to begin with.

The 3GS is a nice phone. Plus the multi-tasking will be cool when you put iOS4 on it. Or alternatively, you can keep the software at 3.1.3, and install the jailbroken version of multi-tasking. It involves Backgrounder and some other apps that make multi-tasking fully integrated.

I've always hoped that there would be a day when you can get extended batteries that are in the stock form factor. I'm sure eventually there will be an extended battery for the Droid X, but the huge hump on the back of the phone is a big turn-off.

Also, for your Android guys, I highly recommend LauncherPro as a home replacement app. It's awesome! http://www.launcherpro.com/ I am debating on buying the Plus version while it's still cheap.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2010, 01:17:31 PM »

Ummm.  Okay.

I used to get about 2.5-3 days out of my phone before I had to charge it.  Then something "happened" and it only lasts about a day now.  Kinda shitty.  I'm not a fan of BB at all now.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2010, 01:23:10 PM »

If you ran a hybrid os on you bb you can easily push out 3.5 to 4 days on single charge and have a faster os boot up when you do a battery pull my only complain is the trackball on them since i dont have the latest model

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: July 27, 2010, 01:29:34 PM »

I solve this issue by having a charger everywhere lol. Mine uses mini usb so it's pretty east to accomplish.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: July 27, 2010, 01:33:08 PM »

Yeah, it's nice having a standardized plug. My Droid X uses micro usb though, so it's not as common. Plus, apparently the USB cable it comes with is a "high power" cable, and that any other cable would take longer to charge. Whatever, lol.

Tim, you should rig up a DIY charging cable for your BB that hooks up straight to your car battery. I'm sure that'll fix it!  >Cheesy

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: July 27, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »

I have a charger at home, a charger at my desk at work, and a charger in my car.  The point is that it used to hold a charge for 3 days and then something "magically" changed and everything went to shit. 

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 27, 2010, 02:13:44 PM »

Jeff, good suggestion on LauncherPro.. It's pretty awesome!

- Mark
status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 27, 2010, 03:57:25 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/mobile/07/27/why.jailbreak.iphone/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn
never knew it was illegal to unlock it.

-Alec
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: July 27, 2010, 04:11:05 PM »

Not any more.  It's kinda funny how they give you all these bullshit reasons why you shouldn't do it.  Really what it comes down to is money they don't want anyone else to get.

Tim
status

GOMD

status pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2010, 05:22:07 PM »

once steve jobs dies apple people will soon realize people want stuff they dont offer and they'll submit.. just couldnt imagine some 19 year old  nerd sitting in jail for jailbreaking.... Cheesy

-Alec
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: July 27, 2010, 07:34:36 PM »

I just ordered the Samsung Vibrant. From what I'm told it has the fastest processor on the market (dual core cell phone). I got it for a steal from T-Mobiles customer loyalty department. I got that and the new Shitberry for the wife for $150.

Check out the review... I'm pretty excited.

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/samsung-vibrant-t-mobile/4505-6452_7-34129373.html#reviewPage1
status

GOMD

status pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2010, 07:45:11 PM »

for the first time today had a shitty experience with t mobile. since august i renewed my plan to their customer "loyalty plan" unlimited min and text with one additional phone line for like 113 amonth with tax. so i added my gf on and she is a govenment employee and t-mobile offers a 15% discount to them and we added it in may and they said it will take 1-2 month to be added. so i get this months bill and my bill is 106. call and ask why it wasnt added they said it was... to our unlim text.  so i figured i'd talk to my girl about this and it turns out she also had to sign "renew" our two year agreement. id rather pay the 6 buck and have it be a year over then this bull shit. they said they could give me the 15%  because of my loyalty plan

-Alec
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2010, 07:55:47 PM »

for the first time today had a shitty experience with t mobile. since august i renewed my plan to their customer "loyalty plan" unlimited min and text with one additional phone line for like 113 amonth with tax. so i added my gf on and she is a govenment employee and t-mobile offers a 15% discount to them and we added it in may and they said it will take 1-2 month to be added. so i get this months bill and my bill is 106. call and ask why it wasnt added they said it was... to our unlim text.  so i figured i'd talk to my girl about this and it turns out she also had to sign "renew" our two year agreement. id rather pay the 6 buck and have it be a year over then this bull shit. they said they could give me the 15%  because of my loyalty plan

Call 611 and ask for the customer loyalty department, and tell them your issue in detail they will hook you up. Don't talk to a regular agent its a waste of time! Get the loyalty department on the line and they will do what they can!
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012