Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:22:12 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455037 times)
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1950 on: December 06, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »

I'm debating if I want to buy a couple Qi wireless charger pads.  I kindof want one so I could find a way to retrofit it into my car, and then have one for my room so I could just put my phone on top of it at night and not have to mess with any cables.

- Mark
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: December 06, 2012, 08:54:36 PM »

In going to retrofit the Palm touchstone to my car. Lots of threads on xda about it.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: December 06, 2012, 09:40:17 PM »

In going to retrofit the Palm touchstone to my car. Lots of threads on xda about it.
I've seen those, but the Touchstone doesn't follow the Qi standard since they were made so long ago.  Best guess if this will actually remain the standard, but hopefully so..

I don't want to run a power inverter in the car, so I would need to custom make a power cable.  I'm mostly debating if I have time to tackle the project, and then how much value added vs. cool factor it is.

- Mark
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: December 06, 2012, 09:58:53 PM »

True but there are so many "standards", its almost sickening. I don't see Qi becoming THE standard for some time.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1954 on: December 24, 2012, 03:37:37 PM »

Ariel, would it be possible to activate a smartphone on a line that currently does not have a data plan, without having to screw every phone over and switch to the shared data plan?

accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: January 24, 2013, 08:35:20 PM »

Ok so as I've posted in the outdoor thread, Ive been tracking my snowboarding with the My Tracks app on my GS3.  I showed a few friends at work and they said that I'm full of shit, that the app is wrong/rigged and theres no way I was goin that fast.  I dont care if they believe or not but it got me thinkin.  Anyone know how accurate the GPS on these things are?  My brother tracked with his GS3 on skis and got about the same round a bout speeds, we werent running side by side but we were makin it down the hill the same time.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: January 24, 2013, 10:21:35 PM »

Ok so as I've posted in the outdoor thread, Ive been tracking my snowboarding with the My Tracks app on my GS3.  I showed a few friends at work and they said that I'm full of shit, that the app is wrong/rigged and theres no way I was goin that fast.  I dont care if they believe or not but it got me thinkin.  Anyone know how accurate the GPS on these things are?  My brother tracked with his GS3 on skis and got about the same round a bout speeds, we werent running side by side but we were makin it down the hill the same time.
The GPS sensor should be fairly accurate.  I'm not exactly sure how accurate, but its not going to be so far off to throw off the speed calculation that much.  As long as the time recording is accurate, I wouldn't hesitate to believe the speed calculation; unless of course, the developer is doing something stupid about calculating average speed.

- Mark
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: January 24, 2013, 10:45:53 PM »

That was kind of my thinking.  I mean I'm sure if they released something that was that far off theyd get too many complaints and would have to fix it.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1958 on: January 25, 2013, 06:27:33 AM »

That was kind of my thinking.  I mean I'm sure if they released something that was that far off theyd get too many complaints and would have to fix it.
drive your car a specific speed with and use the app. Then you can relate it to speedo and see if they are close.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: January 26, 2013, 12:47:59 PM »

Did it. It worked.  Synced up perfectly.  I'm officially fast as fock. Wink

-Ryan

Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1960 on: February 12, 2013, 08:22:37 PM »

Well the Blackberry Storm is going into hibernation again.. and I've activated my new Droid 3! AAAAhhhh.. feels good...stupid toilet...no stupid Denny lol
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1961 on: February 13, 2013, 11:11:12 AM »

I need something new.... Hmmm.....
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: February 13, 2013, 11:23:54 PM »

My earpiece on my phone crapped out. It's been acting funny since iOS 6.1 was installed. Battery life was shitty for two days, now this shit.  I'm going to the apple store tomorrow, hopefully they can figure it out. Tried a reboot and a restore, nothing.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1963 on: February 14, 2013, 05:57:30 AM »

My earpiece on my phone crapped out. It's been acting funny since iOS 6.1 was installed. Battery life was shitty for two days, now this shit.  I'm going to the apple store tomorrow, hopefully they can figure it out. Tried a reboot and a restore, nothing.
I'm just going to let it slide.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: February 14, 2013, 07:50:20 AM »

Fuck that! Apple sucks. There. I said it.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012