Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:35:59 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455064 times)
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: November 26, 2012, 10:36:56 PM »

Well, i decided to give Windows Phone 8 a try..  picked up an HTC 8x tonight, its currently charging..

- Mark
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: November 26, 2012, 10:50:42 PM »

Don't you love it?
I do. Love it even more without the stock touchwiz crap.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: November 27, 2012, 10:16:31 AM »

Don't you love it?
From my limited time with it, I actually kindof like TouchWiz on the GS3.

- Mark
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: November 27, 2012, 11:32:19 AM »

i got the gs3 for my gf i like it i even threw in one of thouse cases with the built in battery i hear the gs4 is in the works

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: November 27, 2012, 12:41:22 PM »

Don't you love it?
I still have a backup of the original touchwiz but debloated. Frankly, I'm an AOSP guy. I was going to get the N4 but after reading real world reviews from people that received it, plus it not being available in AOSP yet, I jumped on the gs3.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1940 on: November 27, 2012, 01:35:41 PM »

Don't you love it?
I still have a backup of the original touchwiz but debloated. Frankly, I'm an AOSP guy. I was going to get the N4 but after reading real world reviews from people that received it, plus it not being available in AOSP yet, I jumped on the gs3.
I thought that Touchwiz on the S3 was nice, but after swapping back and forth between a TW rom and an AOSP rom, I realized how fucking laggy TW is, and how smooth AOSP is. Lol.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: November 27, 2012, 02:07:58 PM »

Exactry.

exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: November 28, 2012, 10:43:52 AM »

Ariel, if I upgrade dad to a 5, can you throw in any accessories? Mostly just a car charger

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: November 30, 2012, 02:06:47 PM »

Fair enough.  I much prefer AOSP myself as well.  The GS3 is a great phone, and between the N4 and the GS3, I think I would also pick the GS3.

I thought that Touchwiz on the S3 was nice, but after swapping back and forth between a TW rom and an AOSP rom, I realized how fucking laggy TW is, and how smooth AOSP is. Lol.
Fair enough.  I haven't really played much with it, other than a few minutes here and there when checking out my friend's phone.  TouchWiz has gotten a lot better though, especially comparing to what it was with the Fascinate.  AOSP Jelly Bean is nice and smooth, but there are a few things in TouchWiz that I like that I wish AOSP had (granted, custom ROM devs do add similar features, but I wish AOSP had them stock).

- Mark
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: November 30, 2012, 09:35:12 PM »

I think my favorite part of the GS3 is all the stupid little stuff like swiping your hand across to take a screenshot, or holding the phone up to your ear while texting to call the person instead.

The latest thing is when you hold the home button and the task manager comes up.  I knew about it before but I was holding on the icons to close them.  I didn't know you could just swipe and send them away!  I feel like Tony Stark!  Haha.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: December 01, 2012, 12:10:18 AM »

The latest thing is when you hold the home button and the task manager comes up.  I knew about it before but I was holding on the icons to close them.  I didn't know you could just swipe and send them away!  I feel like Tony Stark!  Haha.
Actually, that's one thing I don't like about TouchWiz.  In AOSP Jelly Bean, holding the home button will bring up a menu where you can launch Google Now.  There is a separate button for bringing up the recent apps list.

- Mark
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: December 01, 2012, 09:37:42 AM »

Actually, that's how it is with AOSP. My NS was like that and the gs3 only has three buttons on the bottom as opposed to the usual four.

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1947 on: December 01, 2012, 10:50:58 AM »

I actually rearranged the key actions on my GS3. I made it so a longpress on the menu brings up the recent apps instead of the home key, and a longpress on the home key does the in app search (or bring up Google Now if on the homescreen). It feels a heck of a lot more fluid putting the recent apps on the menu button.

I also have the option of enabling the AOSP navbar, but I could never get used to it. I don't really like wasting space on the screen.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: December 01, 2012, 12:44:16 PM »

I got used to home long press for recents from my nexus. I might try your setup Jeff.

alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: December 01, 2012, 01:49:18 PM »

I actually rearranged the key actions on my GS3. I made it so a longpress on the menu brings up the recent apps instead of the home key, and a longpress on the home key does the in app search (or bring up Google Now if on the homescreen). It feels a heck of a lot more fluid putting the recent apps on the menu button.

I also have the option of enabling the AOSP navbar, but I could never get used to it. I don't really like wasting space on the screen.
I would have to do that if I had a GS3.  That's how it is on the Gnex, and I got used to it.

I wouldn't enable the AOSP navbar since there are dedicated buttons.  It's a waste of screen real estate.

- Mark
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012