Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:15:51 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455020 times)
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: October 25, 2012, 03:26:45 PM »

The droid I had was that way.

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: October 28, 2012, 09:02:28 AM »

So Im eligible for a new phone with Verizon on 11/1.  I was on Best Buys website last night cause I wanna get it thru them and theyre site says Im eligible now... Hmmm.  Im gonna swing by after work and get to the bottom of this. Lol

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: October 30, 2012, 01:34:11 AM »

So guys am waiting to upgrade to the google nexus 4 coming to T-Mobile with all its glory a quad core beast!

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1893 on: October 30, 2012, 09:37:30 AM »

So guys am waiting to upgrade to the google nexus 4 coming to T-Mobile with all its glory a quad core beast!
do eetttt
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: October 30, 2012, 09:42:02 AM »

kind of disappointing that the nexus4 doesn't have LTE...  I understand why, don't want to step on the toes of their other manufacturer partners with yet another top tier phone, but I thought the nexus line was supposed to have all the top of the line features etc.  Didn't the iphone 4S get bad reviews for not having 4G LTE when it was released?

-brian
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1895 on: October 30, 2012, 09:45:18 AM »

kind of disappointing that the nexus4 doesn't have LTE...  I understand why, don't want to step on the toes of their other manufacturer partners with yet another top tier phone, but I thought the nexus line was supposed to have all the top of the line features etc.  Didn't the iphone 4S get bad reviews for not having 4G LTE when it was released?
Its a Verizon thing. Other networks likely won't have that issue. Probably part of the deal they made with the devil.
b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: October 30, 2012, 09:57:47 AM »

yeah it'll have all the HSPA+ speeds.. so it's still not 4G.  Google's doing the exact same thing the 4S did when it was released.  I was tempted to stay with google with the Nexus4 coming out, but I won't settle for 3G on verizon anymore.  Looks like I'm going team iphone5.  There aren't any top tier android phones that are 4" anymore.  everything is 4.7" or bigger. (sgs3, gnote2, htc onex, etc.)

-brian
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1897 on: October 30, 2012, 10:19:52 AM »

I use t mobile's HTC one device more than Amy other phone I own. O really enjoy this phone. Price is low now maybe a viable option
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: October 30, 2012, 11:04:18 AM »

Its disappointing the new Nexus doesn't have an LTE radio. Sigh. Mike, why the HTC One over others? Just curious.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: October 30, 2012, 11:34:17 AM »

I like htc phones but am starting to notice Samsung always has more support when on t mobile  since they discontinued my current htc not even a month after release  am trying to avoid going back , that's what has me gaining interest in the nexus even though LG produces it they Claim 10 hours of talk time so am amusing great battery life

status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: October 30, 2012, 11:36:14 AM »

I have the HTC my touch 4G I love this thing. I got my girl the LG my touch  the new one and its equally awesome if not better. Only thing I don't like is the LG one is light as Fuck. I like a weight on my phone.

-Alec
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: October 30, 2012, 12:07:35 PM »

I agree.. LTE is definitely something I am used to now..

I thought i read somewhere that the Nexus line is not supposed to be a top-tier phone..  at least, not hardware wise..

LG needs to figure out what Apple did for battery life..  iPhone 5 battery life, granted I have only had it a few days and didn't use it much over the weekend, seems to be pretty good..  makes my Gnex look paltry in the battery life department..

- Mark
b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: October 30, 2012, 12:51:59 PM »

I agree.. LTE is definitely something I am used to now..

I thought i read somewhere that the Nexus line is not supposed to be a top-tier phone..  at least, not hardware wise..

LG needs to figure out what Apple did for battery life..  iPhone 5 battery life, granted I have only had it a few days and didn't use it much over the weekend, seems to be pretty good..  makes my Gnex look paltry in the battery life department..

I was always under the impression that the Nexus phone line started out as a top tier developer type device (think original nexus 1).  I guess I just don't understand going from the Gnex (LTE compatible) to a non LTE compatible nexus device.  And I don't trust LG for phones..

It's like google is changing the direction they were going with top of the line phones.. now it seems they're trying to just make things as cheap as possible in order to undercut the competition.  To me the Nexus 4 just seems like a step back.  Price point is really appealing for budget users though. 

-brian
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: October 30, 2012, 01:47:52 PM »

Honestly, the Verizon Gnex is the only one that has LTE and that's because of Verizon creating that strangle hold. All of the GSM versions don't. Another one that doesn't have 4g is the GSM Nexus S while the Nexus S 4g (Sprint) does.

As for LG devices, they have great build quality hardware wise. Their software, not so much. Since its a Nexus device, it won't have  LG's proprietary version of Android and still be vanilla Android. The hardware offered is top tier as of now minus the LTE radio (which it doesn't have) If you look in the play store, the GSM version is already being offered for preorder (?).  Thankfully, I still have time before I pick up a new device but I'm not entirely sold on the Nexus 4. The non removable battery and no LTE are hurting its potential in my eyes. Everything else about though is appealing to me. I'm going to wait and see what the custom ROM devs cook up for it before making my decision.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1904 on: October 30, 2012, 03:02:03 PM »

It needs to be said that its Verizon not wanting LTE. I'm not sure what it is about this phone z. I like the look and feel of it. It's super reliable, its just a good all around device. As for the comments about Samsung getting updates more often that's not true at all. Look at the original galaxy s. Again this falls on the carrier. If it wasn't for carrier software and branding all phones would update a lot quicker. Your HTC device that didn't update could have had bad sales and t mo chose to ignore it.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012