Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:22:58 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455158 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1830 on: September 28, 2012, 09:31:42 AM »

Wait a little longer and get the next nexus Ryan. The GS3 isn't all that great if you ask me. Its a minor step up from the GS2. Plus the touchwiz skin really takes away from Android.

I agree touchwiz blows...
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: September 28, 2012, 09:40:16 AM »

Any idea when thats coming out?

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
status

GOMD

status pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: September 28, 2012, 09:42:13 AM »

I'm pretty sold on htc.  Motorola and lg suck big ones. And I'm not a fan of my gfs galaxy s.

-Alec
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1833 on: September 28, 2012, 10:06:14 AM »

To be honest, Touchwiz is not invasive at all on ICS. They've added some pretty cool features. It's definitely a lot better than MotoShit, anyways. I've also run some custom Touchwiz ROMs that were stock ICS themed, and you can barely tell that it's not stock Android.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1834 on: September 28, 2012, 10:07:24 AM »

I still don't understand why this isn't just the Android discussion.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: September 28, 2012, 10:11:21 AM »

To be honest, Touchwiz is not invasive at all on ICS. They've added some pretty cool features. It's definitely a lot better than MotoShit, anyways. I've also run some custom Touchwiz ROMs that were stock ICS themed, and you can barely tell that it's not stock Android.
It damn well is. I have my NS with a custom JB ROM and kernel (tbh, it wasn't stock for very long) and the wife has her GS2 with a custom ICS ROM and kernel and her phone lags. Logically, it makes no sense that my phone with half as much RAM and CPU power as the GS2 doesn't lag at all but that's the truth. I had even less lag with the custom ICS ROM I was running before JB. Touchwiz and any of those other bullshit skins take away from Android and introduce bugs.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 10:26:03 AM by CrackerTeg » Logged

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: September 28, 2012, 10:15:52 AM »

I havent a fucking clue about anything you just said Z... hahaha

This is what I got out of it, You have a Nexus?  And your wife has a Galaxy S2... and one of them lags...

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1837 on: September 28, 2012, 10:19:26 AM »

Hmm, that's weird. Well regardless, I don't have to worry about it either since I'm also on a custom kernal and JB ROM. The Touchwiz ROMs are like 700mb while the AOSP ROMs are only 160mb, so I'm sure that contributes to the shit slowing down the phone.

Z, what kind of battery life do you get on your GN?

Tim, just do it. Ban anyone who talks about Apple in this thread! Clearly that's the fair thing to do.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1838 on: September 28, 2012, 10:22:31 AM »

I changed the title of this thread to the Android Discussion, and someone changed it back to something else.  This really should be the Android Discussion since that's what dominates the conversation.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: September 28, 2012, 10:31:04 AM »

I havent a fucking clue about anything you just said Z... hahaha

This is what I got out of it, You have a Nexus?  And your wife has a Galaxy S2... and one of them lags...
I have a Nexus S, she has the GS2 and hers is the one that lags.
Hmm, that's weird. Well regardless, I don't have to worry about it either since I'm also on a custom kernal and JB ROM. The Touchwiz ROMs are like 700mb while the AOSP ROMs are only 160mb, so I'm sure that contributes to the shit slowing down the phone.

Z, what kind of battery life do you get on your GN?
I don't have a GN. I have an NS. And that file size you just mentioned is all bloatware and shit that can't be shut off unless you have root access (but you already knew that. Duh). Even her custom TW ROM without all that bloat lags and its stupid. Her phone has the hardware to be quick and lag free but my "old" NS is the one actually doing that. What really sucks is that she doesn't know she's running a custom ROM so if I were to load an AOSP vs TW, it'd throw her off completely as she's not tech savvy in the least.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1840 on: September 28, 2012, 12:17:34 PM »

Lol @ our maps suck try google maps...
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: September 29, 2012, 05:11:46 PM »

Google maps is the best from my prospective , I like its navigation and traffic updates

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: October 18, 2012, 08:23:52 AM »

So last night I upgraded from an iPhone 3GS to a 5.  Holy shit what a difference.  The speed is amazing and the fact that apps open on the first try is heavenly.  I love it.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: October 18, 2012, 11:14:44 AM »

I'm sure folks have already seen this, but i am posting it anyway..

So last night I upgraded from an iPhone 3GS to a 5.  Holy shit what a difference.  The speed is amazing and the fact that apps open on the first try is heavenly.  I love it.
Congrats!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 12:49:27 PM by alpha » Logged

- Mark
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: October 18, 2012, 11:30:41 AM »

Its still an iPhone. Damnit Nelson! Can't you read the damn thread title?

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012