Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:56:40 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electronic Throttle Body Control Review  (Read 6657 times)
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2010, 01:06:56 AM »

So I just got the unit in today and I promise I help the company write a review.

To start off the Shipping was extremely fast. I received notice on Thursday May 13, 2010. I received the unit on Monday May 17, 2010.

Here what the packaging looks like:

What do we have here?

Very nice. One is the harness to the accelerator pedal and the other one is the unit itself

Unit model

Accelerator harness

the brain and the control units are in this box.

Now the unboxing

The second box

Control unit

Brain Unit

All of the instruction are written in plain and simple English. Took me 2 mins to read both of the instruction.

My first impression of the unit before testing. The packaging is very nice looks very simple and to the point. The instructions are like I said earlier very simple to read. The one thing that I wish they would include was a T-tap or some sort of connector so that I can tap into the reverse backing signal. This is very important because you really don't want this unit on its "sport mode" while you are backing up. That is a big NO NO and I would be extremely scary if you were going Wide Open Throttle (WOT) in reverse. Another thing that I would like to add was that they used really sticky double sided foam tape to hold the control unit in the box. When removed there is some residue that must be clean off. Besides those two things. The unit unboxing looks great.

I will be posting on a DIY after I get the T-taps that are required.

So please Stay tune

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 01:22:29 AM »

Sweet keep us posted

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 08:11:40 AM »

T taps are not a proper connection.  Please either solder the wire or use a crimping butt connector with a ratcheting crimper.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 08:21:09 AM »

Just so you know you had double posted this. I removed one of them.
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 12:25:00 AM »

Opps Sorry about that the double post. I must have hit post too many time.

I will get that racket crimp tomorrow.

I have some of these, I think i been calling them the wrong name. I keep calling them T-taps. lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1154

On a side note. I found that I have the stupid ass KARR alarm system. The way they wired up the car looks like shit. They used T-taps, and the wire was about to fall out of place. So I put it back and black tape it. They also cut up a lot of OEM wiring. Looks like a rat got into my car and nibble at the ignition wires and someone blacked taped it back.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 12:48:13 AM »

Fly me out there so I can do it right and fix the mess the last person made.  Do not use those fucking t taps.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 01:38:22 AM »

Alright.. Gotta get the soldiering iron and wire crimp set out tomorrow. Another trip to harbor freight.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 08:04:12 AM »

Trust me, it's worth it.  When dealing with your TB or any engine stuff, you're better off doing it right the first time.

Tim
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 12:53:44 PM »

thanks for the tip Tim. I trust you

anyways more pix. This time taken with a DSLR cam instead of my phone cam. lol

NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 12:57:26 PM »

I definatly don't like the fact that it takes over the ODBii port......

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 01:23:41 PM »

yeah.. I agree. It use the OBII to get 12v. I was thinking I should move it somewhere else. Paul do you have a picture of where I can feel the line from the engine bay to the cabin? I think I know what hole you are taking about but I dont know where it comes out of. Is it behind the dash? how do I get access to it?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012