Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:25:53 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New product line, Uberwurx  (Read 4161 times)
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2010, 01:05:30 PM »

It is not really that new, but I recently learned about this car detailing product line called Uberwurx. Their website is uberwürx? I just went there to get this link and it looks like they might be doing maintenance or something on the site right now as some images are not loading and the store is down.

Currently they offer a quick detailer (Icon), tire protectant (Progressor), spray wax (Inova), glass cleaner (Lumina), wheel cleaner (Mythic), leather conditioner (Allure) and interior detailer (Forte). The most interesting aspect, besides some very well designed bottles and naming scheme, is that ALL of the products they sell are Aerosol. Something very different then what I am used to. The pricing on these are very economical. I just recently received a package with each of their products to test them out and here is what I have found...

Lumina, their glass cleaner is phenomenal. While I do not like that it is an aerosol can as you cannot apply the product directly to the glass without splatter going everywhere, the cleaning ability of the product is awesome. It removed some hard water stains I had on my glass that other glass cleaners I've tried had not. To get around the splatter, I just sprayed directly onto a glass waffle weave towel and went to work. No streaking, no residue, just clean glass.

The Icon quick detailer is equally impressive. This is where having an aerosol can comes in very handy. Spray down the hood, wipe with a microfiber and you are set. I was very pleased with the ability for it to wipe away light dust. I had just come back from the 12 hours of Sebring race last night here in Florida and the car had a fine dust all over it, so I figured I would give this a try and was surprised how well it works. I used in throughout my engine bay painted parts as well and it did a good job cleaning.

The Inova Spray Wax is where it gets interesting. I am used to traditional car paste waxes. Using a good ole foam pad and wipe on, haze up, wipe off. This is the product that I am the most on the fence about as it will take a little time to determine durability. It too is an aerosol. You spray it directly onto the paint, spread even with a microfiber and then buff when it hazes up. The application was simple and easy to remove. The paint "felt" protected afterwards, but the jury is still out on if this will remain in my arsenal of products. Based on the cars they have used it on and the customer comments, it looks like it could be a winner. It started to rain already and the beading action is quite surprising for a spray wax, but then again, it was JUST applied. Time will tell. I am optimistic that this will be a good product for those quick touch ups you will need. I don't think it will replace a good hand wax, but for the right market of people, this will probably be a great product.

The Progressor Tire Shine is where I was the most impressed. Again, aerosol can is great for this application. It does have a more glossy look to it, nothing a quick extra wipe with a utility microfiber could not resolve. It left a nice semi-matte finish and after going for a quick drive, no sling off. Again, it will be interesting to see what the durability of the product is like, but so far I like this a lot. Not to mention, based on the weight of the can, it feels like this product will last a long time. I think I read somewhere they estimate 60 tires worth of protection in each can. (so about 15 cars worth, give or take)

The Wheels Cleaner is where I think they have a rough road to climb. Not because it is a bad product, mainly because of the competition they have. While having this in an aerosol can is pure genius when it comes to applying the product, I am a HUGE fan of P21 Tire Gel and I don't for see this taking it's place. It sprays on, you let it sit for a few minutes and then hose off. It did a good job of removing the light brake dust, but again, it is no P21. Here is where I think they have an advantage though. If this product line where to make it into a national chain, this outperforms the other OTC wheel cleaning products I've used. So this would be a great product for the person who walks into a store, wants a higher end product, but cannot afford or see the value in something like P21.

I guess the same can be true of this entire product line. I think that if these were sitting on the shelf in an auto parts store or other place that sells car cleaning products, people would be intrigued by the product design and that it came in an aerosol can. I think it has the potential to gain some traction, should they get this into distribution.

I did not receive the Allure Leather conditioner, so I cannot comment how it works and I have not yet tried the Forte interior cleaner as, well, both of my cars are clean and I don't have any jobs lined up right now that I have time to put on the books. I will be glad to report back on the interior cleaner once I do.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 11:59:08 PM »

Interesting review.  I'll have to check this out when my car is no longer in primer and I have the need to detail my car.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012