Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:40:21 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AEM F/IC Issues (FIX)  (Read 5204 times)
Knocturnal84

Reputation Power: 4
Knocturnal84 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2010, 03:06:26 PM »

Started to feel this sort of misfire. It would happen when i sort of come to a slow stop then give it gas. The car backfires a bit then goes back to normal. Yesterday i was makeing a turn and as i exited the turn the car bogged and sputtered alot before driving normal. The temperature was hot that day.

i been doing some searching and reading and i came up with one fix. apparently the car is creating a noise that the FIC is picking up and sending the ECU the wrong signal. The resistor is suppose to clear this problem up. Feel free to Chime in on this if you have any info

From AEM's website:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM FORUMS
We have seen a couple of vehicles, including an automatic Scion xB, that had erratic misfires (especially at high load) that would go away if you bypassed the cam or crank signals so they were not intercepted by the FIC. After measuring the signals with an oscilloscope, we could see that the signals were a bit noisy, and the FIC inputs were sensitive enough that they picked up noise and sent an extra cam pulse to the ECU. The solution was to install a 2k ohm resistor with one side connected to Crank MAGI(+) and the other side connected to Crank MAGI(-). Another 2k resistor installed with one side connected to Cam1 MAGI(+) and the other side connected to Cam1 MAGI(-)

here is a link to the resistor install on the boomslang harness that was taken from a scion forum. i dont know if this would work on my car but it is worth a try. I will call the techs at AEM to see how to fix this problem

http://scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154729
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 09:44:34 AM by Knocturnal84 » Logged

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
FLCM #6 Tallahassee Subsquad Leader
#6 on the PHI line of the Seshait Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 07:15:42 PM »

That DOES NOT APPLY TO OUR VEHICLES AND IF YOU DO THIS YOU WILL DAMAGE YOUR ENGINE. Our cars both I4 and V6 use hall effect sensors, not MAG sensors. I would more likely look at your tune, do you have a wideband gauge?

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
Knocturnal84

Reputation Power: 4
Knocturnal84 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 09:48:43 PM »

Well i found the problem already and for this issue resolved. Turned out to be the upstream O2 sensor. I had the issue since i redid the exhaust. During the process something mush have pulled the wire too much and one of the pins came out. i found this out after buying a new o2 sensor that came out to $115. Will be going to Auto-zone to get my full refund since i didn't install it yet.

I was real happy wen i cranked her up and the code was gone and didn't come back while test driving it. Air fuel ratio is damn near perfect now and the car is running even better now. i wish i found this problem way earlier. I am sorry for blaming the FIC and maybe leading some of you away from looking into them.

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
FLCM #6 Tallahassee Subsquad Leader
#6 on the PHI line of the Seshait Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012