Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:05:08 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V6 Headers  (Read 5672 times)
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2010, 12:09:10 AM »

does anyone know if these will work for the J30's???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DC-SPORTS-3-1-CERAMIC-HEADER-98-99-00-01-02-ACCORD-V6_W0QQitemZ200362043202QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2ea6822742

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 12:23:56 AM »

Nope. The newer J30s exhaust manifolds are joint welded to the head. We also have 2 pre cats and a third cat. The only thing available for a "header" option is to get a J-pipe. ATLP, XLR8, and R-V6P makes J-pipe for the J30A4 and A5.
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 10:17:42 AM »

Thanks Thien, I was searching around last night, and everything came back for prior years...J-pipe it is then...its a damn shame!  I wonder if Paul has got something on the back burner for this...

Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 01:19:11 PM »

There's also a pre-cat delete available.  Now, I'm no J series expert, but it was my understanding that the exhaust manifold was actually cast with the head and there's only one outlet that goes to the pre-cats.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 04:04:01 PM »

That's the same thing I've read Tim. Paul and/ or Thien may be able to shed a little more light on this, but what if you were able to use the type s heads off the 02-03 j32 TL? That should give you the possibility of using headers and maybe even having one made for you. Just a thought.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 05:27:51 PM »

I don't think that head is an option.
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 08:15:50 PM »

Its not really a head option because the fact that the older J series O2 sensors were hooked up to the cat itself and on the down pipe. So, the older J series only had 2 O2 sensors while the newer J series with the pre cats have a total of 4 O2 sensors. There is one before each pre cat and one after each pre cat. The exhaust manifold is cast to the head, but it is also joint welded on. The pre cat deletes are an option, but at the same time, you free up too much exhaust flow thus not creating enough back pressure. Also with the pre cat deletes, you have a higher chance of throwing a CEL because there is no longer a cat there to filter the exhaust gas.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 08:38:10 PM »

I found these richie v2 knock off j-pipe

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-AC ... 380wt_1504

I suggest you just buy director from richie, ATLP, or XLR8 just because they got your back if anything goes wrong. and the stuff are very legit.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 08:44:56 PM »

Quote from: "thisaznboi88"
I found these richie v2 knock off j-pipe

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-AC ... 380wt_1504

I suggest you just buy director from richie, ATLP, or XLR8 just because they got your back if anything goes wrong. and the stuff are very legit.

Ken, that one is for the 08-09's.  I wouldn't go with a knock off...I am the type of person that likes to "keep the money in the neighborhood"  Good lookin out though, I appreciate your time...have you done any exhaust work yet on your ride?  How is she BTW?

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 05:22:47 PM »

yeah np Mark. I suggest going with ATLP since its slam friendly and has pretty good gains.

As for my car, its very fun to drive. Having way too much fun. I would love to do J-pipe and cut off the resonator and premuffler and add a dynamax resonator. People with TL have been getting really good results with this combo. But for the most part the car been really good.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012