Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 03:23:30 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Model Cars  (Read 6924 times)
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2010, 09:11:38 PM »

Anyone else into model cars? I had an older Civic that I put together and didn't paint. I wound up throwing on a very quick coat of red (needs another coat). And after getting the Civic out I decided to get out some of the other ones I've done. Some are very old, note the Fast and the Furious! My son saw me painting one awhile back and got into helping me lately and thinks it's really cool to see it go from plain white to primer to color. Just wanted to share one of the hobbies my son and I have and will hopefully be posting up more as we get more finished. I really need to invest in a much better camera! Anyways, enjoy  :smile:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 11:36:47 AM by slipkord » Logged
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 10:44:11 PM »

I have a whole pile of those DC2's some where. I don't know where the hell they are. I also have the accord die cast that I painted, and another one that I will be working on soon.
slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 10:04:23 PM »

Threw another quick coat on again. The only time I have to mess around with this is the 5 minutes I have to put a coat of paint on. Looks better I think. I'll have to paint the interior, fix the gap in the rear bumper. And take the wing off, maybe fab up some kind of custom wing myself. This little hobby really eases the stress. I really enjoy painting all the details of the engine bay, interior, etc. Anyways...done for now.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 10:44:33 PM »

Good shit.  I used to put together model cars back in the day.  I had this 1957 Corvette back in the day.  It was flat black with no front body panels.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 08:59:25 AM »

The start of pure insanity...

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 02:46:02 PM »

You're tapped man.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 02:48:53 PM »

I like how in the back ground you can see the kids work on the fridge...or did you do that Jeremy?  How fucking old are you, 10?

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 02:55:20 PM »

Funny, Mark...I think it's fun. We're really going to make that shit look real. Dirt on the tires, im gonna let the boy smash an older model i have...it's gonne be cool
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 05:03:31 PM »

Oh, you do these with your son?  Then that's ok....though I wasn't far off from my original comment...I thought this is what you've been doing in your spare time since you aren't modding any more...

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 11:28:23 AM »

Yes I do these with my son. He's almost 7 so he's getting into them a bit more.

I bought some putty/filler yesterday so I'm going to go crazy with it and mold and fill in gaps on the Civic and maybe the monster truck....I'm having too much fun with this. Oh well, at least it's not drugs/alcohol Smiley
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 12:54:38 PM »

That's awesome if its with your son.  We took James camping the first time this past summer, he was just 2...he loved it!  I can't wait to do all that fun shit with him.

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 09:16:33 AM »

Filled in the holes where the monster wing was and put a new rear bumper on and filled in the gaps with putty sanded it down sprayed some primer on.

slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 08:04:54 PM »

Finished painting
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 09:17:47 PM »

Nice work looks better with out the wing

exelr8
Veteran

exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 02:26:18 AM »

Quote from: "slipkord"
Finished painting

Wow, the married life must blow...

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012