Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:34:52 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heater/Air Conditioning help (Problem Solved)  (Read 17463 times)
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« on: December 21, 2009, 03:49:56 PM »

So I seem to be having a problem with my cool air (A/C) ever since they broke into my ride and tore apart my dash to get to my aftermarket radio. I have the Metra Turbo kit installed. I have heat thank god in this weather but I have NO cold air when turning the knob to that function! I noticed a orange wire on the back of the Metra kit that wasn't connected to anything but found out it is to illuminate the Metra console. The other thing is that I noticed from the Metra 70-7864-DZ Wire Harness to make my dual climate control single for the Metra kit there is a white/green wire going from the harness into the fuse box under the hood....

I tried to install back my oem h/u and I had music but then no function of the controls (hot/cold) would work at all. Im guessing the wire connected to the fuse box is playing a role in that but im not sure.

if anyone is familiar with this or why I am having this problem please chime in, I know this is going to suck come warm/hot weather if I dont have cold air  or A/C working lolz. I know we are far from enjoying warm weather but it is bothering me and I like to have things fixed. Since I have after market crap in the car I know Honda wont wanna look at it cuz they will say I did something wrong or the person who installed everything did something wrong.

Maybe my thermostat went bad? Could this cuz the problem?

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 04:39:09 PM by CrazyCreashunz » Logged

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 04:30:56 PM »

Trying to figure out electrical problems can be annoying, but I would check the fuse that controls the ac. Maybe that douchebag ripped a wire and it probably shorted something. I'm not sure which one right not cuz I dont have the cover in front of me at the moment, but when I do I'd let you know if someone else doesn't chime in.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 06:41:29 PM »

Quote from: "InFuMoUs"
Trying to figure out electrical problems can be annoying, but I would check the fuse that controls the ac. Maybe that douchebag ripped a wire and it probably shorted something. I'm not sure which one right not cuz I dont have the cover in front of me at the moment, but when I do I'd let you know if someone else doesn't chime in.

Yea I looked under the cover but it doesn't say which one.... I did see a few snowflake looking icons. It got dark on me som I will trouble shoot some more tomorrow!

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 08:18:52 AM »

Well this morning I remembered to look at the interior fuse box and im missing 4 fuses....? Wonder why? The only time I opened it was to run my power wire behind the panel into the firewall.

The fuses im missing according to the # on the cover are:

#1 (15a) DBW -what is this for?
#3 (10a) Day Light -what is this for?
#12 (7.5a) RR Fog im guessing this is my rear window defogger
#33 (7.5a)  HAC OP -what is this for?

Would any of these have been pulled out for any reason?

AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 08:58:22 AM »

Quote from: "CrazyCreashunz"
Well this morning I remembered to look at the interior fuse box and im missing 4 fuses....? Wonder why? The only time I opened it was to run my power wire behind the panel into the firewall.

The fuses im missing according to the # on the cover are:

#1 (15a) DBW -what is this for?
#3 (10a) Day Light -what is this for?
#12 (7.5a) RR Fog im guessing this is my rear window defogger
#33 (7.5a)  HAC OP -what is this for?

Would any of these have been pulled out for any reason?

#1 Drive by wire throttle body? you have regular TB?
#3 DRL? this is only for canadian models and probably for 06-07 accords
#12 could be rear fog lights?
#33 is accessory so you might not have it

check #30 IG HAC fuse

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 01:25:21 PM »

Thanks Misha and I was figuring the Day Light was for day time running lights which my car didn't come with.  I will check #30 when my brother comes home he has all them small fuses we bought in his car that punk! Lolz...

Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 01:45:38 PM »

buy a test light, it makes it mush easie to trouble shoot the problem and only cost about 5 bucks

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 10:08:06 PM »

Quote from: "Icebox"
buy a test light, it makes it mush easie to trouble shoot the problem and only cost about 5 bucks

A digital multimeter is a much better tool to use actually.  Test lights are only good for testing for 12 volts and can damage sensitive electrical components.  Billy, your trouble could be a number of things.  It could be the fact that the thief fucked up your wiring, or it could be a coincidence that your a/c isn't working.  Did you say you had the same problem with your OEM HVAC also?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 10:47:57 AM »

Yea when I installed back the oem unit only the radio part worked, no air hot or cold what so ever. Im guessing the  wire that was run from the metra wire harness (to convert the dual climate control into single) to the fuse box under the hood is tricking the ECU somehow. So I put back the broken metra kit because atleast I get heat. My fiance for xmas bought me a new metra kit some I will install it this week or next and see if that fix's the problem. I have checked all fuses and im hoping that maybe when they popped out my radio since they ripped the metra kit face plate  off that maybe the screw driver or whatever they use shorted out the circiut board on the metra kit. Im crossing my fingers.

I highly doubt the a/c just went out because it was fine until the  incident. When I turn the knob from hot to cold without pushing the a/c button I still only get hot air!

Would there be a problem with the thermostat? Or if there was I would get no heat as well.... never ran into a problem like this before.

InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 04:51:21 PM »

I could be wrong, but I dont think the thermostat has anything to do with the heat. I always thought the thermostat controled the flow of coolant when the engine needed it. The a/c compressor is what controls the hot and cold air. If it's not the fuses, it could be that or there's no freon in the system. Hopefully, it's just the metra kit and nothing major.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 12:56:26 PM »

Well the new Metra kit has been installed and no luck on the cold air still only heat. I checked all fuses and they seem to be fine. I will check relays next. If that is ok I will go ahead and have a dye test performed to see if there is a leak of some sort. If all else fails I will probably have to replace the a/c compressor.

Also on a side note that maybe this all happened when I left my lights on one day and shorted out my h/u when I charged the car!

I have googled the topic and have been searching online for answers and hopefully it is a relay in the fuse box. A lot of people have had the same problem and just replaced the relay. They also say if the compressor went out that when I switch to a/c I would here a clanking noise. (Just some food for thought of my findings)

Question: will this effect me passing inspection? I have to get a new inspection before march 2010 rolls in.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 01:09:37 PM »

Not having a/c? I don't see how that'd affect your inspection if its not a safety feature and not needed. Its a convenience feature so it shouldn't affect you.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 03:48:28 PM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
Not having a/c? I don't see how that'd affect your inspection if its not a safety feature and not needed. Its a convenience feature so it shouldn't affect you.

Had to ask, cuz it would be my luck  :problem:

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 08:23:51 PM »

No worries man. I'd understand something like your brake lights not working or something like that making you fail inspection but not having a/c is not one of those things. I wouldn't sweat it.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 08:35:35 PM »

Yea thanks Z, well I checked and swapped relay's to make sure and nada... so I checked my waranty and looks like im still covered for any a/c, heating issues! So I will be contacting Honda to set up an appointment and let them figure it out. It has to be something other than the obvious. I might have a leak somewhere or the compressor is gone. By the looks of it that might be the case. It looks as if something leaked all over it and it has grease all over it!

Will let everyone know soon the outcome.... stay tuned!

Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012