Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:28:06 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DBW -> Mechanical Throttle/Cable Conversion  (Read 9564 times)
Jellynuts

Reputation Power: 2
Jellynuts pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2009, 03:38:22 AM »

Hey all,

So, having driven the TSX for nearly 7 months (wow!  it's been a long time), I often find myself longing for my old Accord back.  

It's the DBW!  Sometimes, I don't mind it, but other times, it bugs me to no end.  I've read on many a forum that the DBW on the S2000 and some German vehicles are pretty accurate to the feel of a cable throttle, but for some reason, Acura just did not do that for the 1gen TSX, nor do they have any intention of doing so.  Hondata hasn't pursued any solution to this due to liability issues.  I haven't test driven the 2nd gen TSX to see if the DBW is any better, but, the 2G is ugly as ass anyway.

SO!  My question is, is it possible to convert to a mechanical throttle?  The last post here suggests it is, by using an 03-05 Accord TB and the dual ECU K-Pro:
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52269

I've tried pursuing this question at tsxclub.com (http://tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-engine/40338-converting-mechanical-throttle-cable.html), but no one has tried this, and one folk there is absolutely not helpful, and I'm tired of him whoring my thread.  

Then I was reminded of the mechanical expertise here at elite (yes, shameless flattery after not coming onto this forum for so long), and thought I could find some more direct help from you folk.  

Anyway, any insight would be excruciatingly appreciated.

A year ago, you helped me with my Accord; now I beg you to help me in my struggle against the DBW.  I regret I am unable to present my request in to you in person, but I live in Canada...  This is our most desperate hour...  Help me Obi Wan Keno---  Help me EliteCM...  You're my only hope.

2005 TSX 6MT
2005 I4 Coup EXL (totaled)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 12:22:32 PM »

From what you've already stated, Blinx and Paul have done that swap on Blinx's 7.5 CM. I don't know how much is involved but they did it. There's also talks on v6p about the Buddy Club e-throttle booster. I haven't really perused through that thread since I have a cable throttle. Hopefully some of what I said helps steer you in the direction you want to go.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 02:07:57 PM »

^its an easy swap for the tb but you would need kpro to control it.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 03:17:50 AM »

Read this also.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jellynuts

Jellynuts pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 01:43:09 AM »

Alright, thanks for those leads.  I'll check them out after Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone Smiley

2005 TSX 6MT
Jellynuts

Jellynuts pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 02:13:34 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"

Dang, I've read that numerous times before, but because I'm not so mechanically inclined, and I didn't know what I was looking for before, only now did it make sense to me.  Thanks for redirecting that link to me Timmy.  It answers a lot.

2005 TSX 6MT
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 02:03:30 PM »

Tim is going to have your ass for calling him Timmy.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 08:12:37 PM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
Tim is going to have your ass for calling him Timmy.

HIT the DECK ICBM BAN missile heading your way.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 10:21:11 PM »

Just for the record, there's only one person allowed to call me that and none of you fuckers are that person.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 11:53:24 PM »

I know that Tim. I was just informing numbnuts of his mistake.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 08:51:21 AM »

It wasn't intended for you.  It was intended for everyone else that thinks it's okay to call me that.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 11:04:18 AM »

I know dude. Just making it known.

Jellynuts

Jellynuts pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2009, 05:20:27 PM »

Numbnuts eh?  

Merry Christmas to you too.  If TIM wants an apology from me, he can ask for it himself; ban me if you feel that warrants it.  I don't know the rules to this forum.

2005 TSX 6MT
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2009, 08:14:51 PM »

Yeah, I wouldn't take this so seriously man.  I'm not looking for an apology, just don't call me that.  It pisses me off, so we can leave it at that and move on.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 11:24:29 AM »

Quote from: "Jellynuts"

Numbnuts eh?  

Merry Christmas to you too.  If TIM wants an apology from me, he can ask for it himself; ban me if you feel that warrants it.  I don't know the rules to this forum.
Easy now. I call everyone here something whether it be fucktard, numbnuts, needledick, fucker, whatever. If you take offense let me know. Just because you called Tim by a name he doesn't like doesn't mean you're going to get banned. That's not how we roll. It's kind of an unspoken rule. No need to get defensive. Just rub your ears and say woosah, k?

Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012