Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:52:27 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: k24a4//k24a2???  (Read 11418 times)
SnOoZeR
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
SnOoZeR pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2009, 01:23:56 AM »

i was thinking of getting a tsx motor then i thought to myself couldnt i just replace the head to a k24a2 and it would be a tsx motor? someone correct me pls if im wrong.

i asked my friend if i should go k24/k20. he told me i should just get a k24a2 instead. which i think would be ok since im probably going to swap into a 6spd later on anyways.
neoryan7

Reputation Power: 1
neoryan7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 03:48:01 AM »

valve to piston clearance Andy. At the very least you need the tsx pistons. BTW did you place the order for me?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 09:30:08 AM »

What he said. From what I've read over on k20a.org, you could slap the k20 head on and at the very least swap over to TSX pistons. There's another set of pistons from a k you could use that cost less than the TSX pistons and solve the piston to valve clearance but I can't remember which ones they are. I believe it was the k24a3 pistons out of a CRV but don't quote me on that. Not to mention you'd need some sort of engine management :cough:kpro:cough: to ensure your engine runs properly after the swap. There's a wealth of information on k20a.org for you to read up on.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 02:52:16 PM »

not k24a3 but k24a1 pistons would work but you should get the 09 tsx pistons, they have 11.1 compression

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 09:44:42 PM »

That's what it was. Thank you Dave. I knew it was one of those. I completely forgot about the 09 TSX pistons. I had read about those as well. Good call dude.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 11:40:37 PM »

What are your goals and plans with the motor?  When it comes down to it, if you're planning on building a motor (bottom end and head) then build the K24/K20.  If you're just looking for more power than what your K24A4 has, then swapping the entire motor will probably take less time and cost less.  You may want to try and get a hold of an 06-08 K24A2 since the top end has been upgraded to flow better.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
SnOoZeR
Fucking Newb

SnOoZeR pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 10:30:35 PM »

thanks tim. i would need the tsx ecu as well?
BliNx197

Reputation Power: 7
BliNx197 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 10:38:22 PM »

No, run Kpro instead
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 10:42:52 PM »

Yeah, kpro is going to be the best option.  You can run other ECU set ups, but kpro is the best option if you want to make power.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
SnOoZeR
Fucking Newb

SnOoZeR pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 12:09:32 AM »

ok so i got eibach valve springs. they dont make them for accords. but they do for tsx and rsx. same fitment right? if not then imma just get a k20 head and start from there.

i got them from a raffle off at a car show. just in case you guys were wondering. nice come up =)
asnstyle22
Fucking Newb

asnstyle22 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 01:28:35 AM »

well.. it depends on what cams your planning to run.. different cam manufactures have different specs and suggest different valve springs. if your getting a stock tsx engine and dont plan to work on it, then forget the springs, probably dont need the aftermarket springs and the labor to install it just wont be worth it.

and springs arent worth that much, i dont suggest deciding what to get in terms of engine or head based on a set of springs you got for free. the above should be determined from the goals you have in mind.
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 07:00:41 AM »

+1, sell them on ebay and use the money for other mods

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
neoryan7

Reputation Power: 1
neoryan7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »

If you decided to build an engine at all I suggest Kpro Andy. That should hold you over for a few months while you decide what route your going to take. You cant run the Frank w/o engine management.
SnOoZeR
Fucking Newb

SnOoZeR pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 01:48:26 AM »

yeah. i was thinking about that. but i kinda want my 6spd before kpro...

im just very undecisive right now. ill figure something out. everything is popping up with $$ problems
macanic

macanic pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 12:20:30 PM »

you can use F22 pistons out of a S2000 and use tsx rodes 11.1 compretion and they are cheep than 09 tsx pistons, you dont want to run anything on stock k24a4 pistons they are thin. and the reason you can use any of the k24 series pistons exept k24a2 (tsx) pistons is because
the tsx pistons have valve releafs and the rest dont, its kinda the oppesset. and if you are going to swap the head ur going to need a k20a2 oil pump,chain,tentioner.

-CORY- MDVACM #18
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012