Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:08:08 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Power Windows Don't Work  (Read 11708 times)
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2009, 10:10:35 AM »

I got into my car this morning to get to school and tried to toll down all my windows for some fresh air. To my surprise only the driver side window and the sunroof work. The other 3 (both passenger side and rear driver side) don't work. I hear the clicking sound but the windows will not roll down. No, the window lock is not on. Any fuses I can check? What could be the problem?

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
Knocturnal84

Reputation Power: 4
Knocturnal84 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 10:51:55 AM »

sounds like you have a problem with your window switch in the front driver switch. That is the main one and controls all of them. if you unplug that one you will find out that none of them will work not even your key will lock and unlock the car  

I think that might be going bad. Some peeps on the forum seem to be having the same problem.

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
FLCM #6 Tallahassee Subsquad Leader
#6 on the PHI line of the Seshait Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 12:24:49 PM »

But that would cause even the ones in the other doors not to work? And my driver window works so how does that work?

Eric.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 03:43:59 PM »

Sorry Sean, but if he hears a clicking noise when he presses the switch, that means it's working.  To me it sounds like the problem would be the window regulator.  That's a guess if there's an actual problem, but I'm putting my money on that.  Without testing it, we're all just guessing.  Take it to Honda and have them check it out if you're not comfortable with electrical troubleshooting.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 03:46:54 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Sorry Sean, but if he hears a clicking noise when he presses the switch, that means it's working.  To me it sounds like the problem would be the window regulator.  That's a guess if there's an actual problem, but I'm putting my money on that.  Without testing it, we're all just guessing.  Take it to Honda and have them check it out if you're not comfortable with electrical troubleshooting.

That's what I figured since I heard the click. I'm calling today to set up an appointment for Tomorrow. I like to ride with my windows down at all times of the year (except for rain and snow) lol.

Eric.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 04:10:06 PM »

That's just crazy talk.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 08:42:34 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
That's just crazy talk.

Indeed. Everyone hates to ride with me, cuz 100 degree weather no AC I'm all for the natural breeze. LOL.

Called the dealer dropping it off at around 1PM. Hopefully it's a quick fix!

Eric.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 10:04:31 AM »

PM'd...

Seems im having the same problemo! Funny cuz the last time I used the car like 2 weeks ago the windows were fine, hopefully they frozen shut cuz it was parked in a shaded area and it has been cold here in NY with all the snow and freezing rain we just had!

*EDIT:
I popped out the master switch and unplugged the wiring harness and replugged it in and now everything is working accordinly. My knucklehead brother I think slammed my door to hard when he moved my car the other day to work on his and the harness came loose a lilttle.

Thank god because a new part #35750-SDA-A12  from South Bay Honda would have been $142... just an FYI for any others experiencing the problem and car is out of warranty, just check yourself!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 10:49:22 AM by CrazyCreashunz » Logged

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 01:26:05 PM »

i have the same problem with my drivers side window sometimes.  it's on-off, so hard for me to diagnose.  only happens maybe once every 10x i try to unroll the window.  it sounds like the motor is trying to work, but just not doing anything.

let us know what Honda gets back to you with.

J u s t i n
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 04:29:37 PM »

PM'd...

Seems im having the same problemo! Funny cuz the last time I used the car like 2 weeks ago the windows were fine, hopefully they frozen shut cuz it was parked in a shaded area and it has been cold here in NY with all the snow and freezing rain we just had!

*EDIT:
I popped out the master switch and unplugged the wiring harness and replugged it in and now everything is working accordinly. My knucklehead brother I think slammed my door to hard when he moved my car the other day to work on his and the harness came loose a lilttle.

Thank god because a new part #35750-SDA-A12  from South Bay Honda would have been $142... just an FYI for any others experiencing the problem and car is out of warranty, just check yourself!

Glad to hear it was the switch. That part is pretty pricey.

Eric.
CrazyCreashunz

CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 07:52:11 PM »

Yea man... easy fix! Wink

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 11:32:54 PM »

Justin, it could be the fact that there is a loose connection or there could be some strain on the window regulator if the "track" has gone dry and isn't greased.  Those are the things I would start with.  Another thing is that it could possibly be the window regulator. 

Tim
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 02:52:18 PM »

Any idea why disconnecting my power window switch would entail me having to put the my navigation code into the head unit?  Happened to Arie and I over the weekend when we were doing my mirrors.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 03:21:52 PM »

That's pretty odd. I don't see how they are tied together.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 03:26:51 PM »

We suspect that the navigation head unit does a lot more than what we just control the radio and a/c.  But we have no concrete information to back this up. 

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012