Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:17:39 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: City Lights  (Read 14039 times)
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 10:24:32 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
If you want a switch in the dash, I'd recommend using the OEM foglight switch.  Other than that, it's just drilling and running wires.  I can make a wiring diagram for you too if you want.  I would recommend using a relay harness for these.  Unfortunately, Skippy can't take more pics because these headlights are no longer being used and they are a little different from what you want.

Yea I was on ebay searching for a OEM switch but they all come with fogs, lol... I will try South Bay Honda.

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 10:35:58 PM »

Yeah, just buy the switch, and I'll show you how to wire it up so they come on when you want.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 10:38:56 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Yeah, just buy the switch, and I'll show you how to wire it up so they come on when you want.

Can't seem to find it on South Bay Honda, i'll keep looking... but yea that's my idea on/off when I want.

EDIT: found it HERE for anyone else looking for one.

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 11:51:18 PM »

What is a city light?

I just read on wiki its the parking lights... Don't you guys down south have that selector on your light knob?

On my car its there the step right before lowbeams that is doing exactly as that picture describes

A S I M O
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 12:02:02 AM »

Same here, I'm pretty sure it turns on the signal lights in the front. Maybe there's differences with the various year models?

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 12:12:42 AM »

Quote from: "Asim"
What is a city light?

You probably should have taken the time to read the OP.  

Quote from: "Skippy"
For those who don't know, city lights are small lights that illuminate the headlight housing in addition to your parking lights, and they look really cool when you're chilling at a meet and nobody else has them.  They are intended to be used when chilling in a parking lot without the headlights on.  The light produced from the city lights will be overpowered by the headlight bulbs when you are driving so you won't get in trouble for having them.

Wikipedia may have a lot of good information, but a lot of it is incorrect.  In your case, the information you found is incorrect or you misunderstood what you were reading.  City lights are commonly found in the euro scene.  It basically is a low output light that illuminates your headlight housing, not your parking lights.  City lights commonly turn on with your parking lights, but not always.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012