Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:05:40 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with Blinking Red Light in gauge cluster  (Read 3625 times)
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2009, 09:35:45 PM »

I just finished washing and polishing my car. I re-routed the power wire for the amp underneath the air intake hose. I had to disconnect it along with my HID power wire but, I didn't remove the terminal so I didn't have to reprogram the radio/Navi. It's now dark and when I lock the door I see a red light flashing in the lower right side of the dash cluster. I lock the doors using the remote and also manually. It still does it. What's funny is that it doesn't do it if I lock the doors with the keys in the ignition. Any ideas? Could it be the remote battery is getting low?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 11:11:48 PM by Rich01 » Logged

Rich
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 09:44:07 PM »

Moved. Sounded to me like an alarm type issue. Not sure what it is since I don't have flashing red lights in my car except for the oil light.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 11:18:20 PM »

Thx Z.  

The only thing I didnt try is pushing the panic button to see if it goes off, I'll try that in the morning. That red light is just a small circular shape one and doesn't come on when you are starting the car with the rest of the lights; it's right next to the knob to reject the odometer/ dash lights.

Rich
lilmalu

Reputation Power: 2
lilmalu pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 11:35:41 PM »

I have that blinking red light also. At first I thought it was the alarm or something. Could be wrong.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 01:58:28 AM »

I have it to i'm pretty sure its part of the factory security system
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 05:54:54 AM »

factory security system

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 09:27:53 AM »

WHAT!!! Are you guys trying to tell me that thing has been there for the past 2+yrs and I've never seen it lol. Why would Honda have the radio anti theft light along with a security light. O well, thanks fellas.

Rich
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 12:31:06 PM »

There are two, and they blink at different intervals.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 12:40:47 PM »

Interesting stuff.  Sounds like a factory noise maker to me.  My car doesn't have that, so I wouldn't know.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 10:50:48 PM »

It indicates that you alarmed your "keyless" entry. It's really not a alarm, it only goes off if the doors are opened or the trunk and hood is opened when alarmed. If the window breaks it will not go off...

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012