Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:01:08 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What the hell is this... a "bolt-on"?  (Read 13614 times)
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 07:45:15 AM »

Thats not Rolo's engine btw, its K24Low20z.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 04:00:00 PM »

Dave, I'll slap you the next time you don't post in the appropriate forum.  I know where you live too!!

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 07:04:15 PM »

Oh yeah, it's Alex's engine bay, my bad.

Where the fuck did I post this thread this time Tim??  I gotta stop posting when I'm half asleep.

Quote from: "timot_one"
Those two other lines are probably the coolant lines that are not connected to the line that goes to your valve cover.  Don't over think this one, it's literally a vacuum line that goes from your valve cover to your intake.  Some of them have that weird plastic valve thingy, but others don't.  Those other lines are just next to that vacuum line and don't have anything to do with this mod.  IMHO, it's a waste of money and I would just leave it alone.  It's basically just one of those "look at this" mods that does nothing for performance.

By "weird plastic valve thingy", do you mean that odd-shaped plastic piece that sits in the middle of the line that connects the valve cover to the intake?  Anyway, I only posted so many questions because those other two coolant lines seem to be welded to the vacuum line that this mini filter seems to replace (on my car at least), so I couldn't understand how it was possible to do it in the first place without figuring out what to do with the two coolant lines.  I'd probably never do this mod, but you know I'm a curious bastard.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2009, 10:29:58 PM »

Actually Dave, you had posted this in general discussion. I'm surprised Tim didn't move it sooner with the replies he posted.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 11:08:36 PM »

Unless your car is different, I don't think the coolant and valve cover breather lines are together.  My engine bay is a bit different than most people's though, so it may just be the fact that I've already removed all that shit and replaced it with my own lines.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 03:12:45 PM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
Actually Dave, you had posted this in general discussion. I'm surprised Tim didn't move it sooner with the replies he posted.

Yeh Tim, slacker.   :mrgreen:

I'm pretty sure mine are all attached, so my bay may be different than yours.

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2009, 04:51:50 PM »

i know on the v6 the coolant and valve cover breather lines are together i had breathers installed in my car they work good while driving but when stopped the idle was a bit ruff since it was sucking in all the hot air from the engine bay

striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2009, 08:07:48 PM »

Check it out!  

NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2009, 08:18:21 PM »

Ok guys, you can take this for whatever you want...

The little filter thingy (Breather) really is not good for our engine and WILL fail emmisions as you have removed part of the emissions control system entirely and are now venting crank case gasses to atmosphere. Our engines like a little vacume in the crank case which is why it is connected where it is.Now a oil catch can allows the gases to still be injested back in keeping emissions happy, but also giving a place for the heavier oil to drop out and is the proper solution. But if you have a really anal (asshat) inspector he can still fail you on visual.

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 08:27:09 AM »

Thanks for the info Paul.

Dave, after watching your video I see what you're talking about.  I got a flashback from when I installed my intake like 8 million years ago.  I think that with my AEM intake, we removed that piece all together.  I do remember that we removed one of the coolant lines during the install.

Tim
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 08:54:09 PM »

Thanks for the heads-up Paul.

Tim, I am aware that certain aftermarkets intakes (such as Injen I believe) come with a hose that totally replaces that whole odd-looking oem contraption, while other intakes (like my K&N) seem to reuse the oem part.  That's weird in itself, but my bigger question now is that if you had to remove one of your coolant lines, what did you do with the flow of the coolant?  Did you have to plug up where the hose used to be at both ends, or did you do something else???

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 09:20:04 PM »

I think he replaced that line altogether. Follow the lower line of that two part hose assembly and you'll see what we're talking about.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 09:31:39 PM »

^What he said.  I just replaced the line so it doesn't need that silly ass metal line.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2009, 09:56:18 PM »

Funny thing is, honda has been putting that very same silly metal line in their 4 cyl engines for a long time. My 87 Integra had that same shit in it. Why they do it, I'll never know.

NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2009, 05:52:46 AM »

To keep the gases hot so that they don't sludge up the line over time.....

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012