Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:26:02 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: KP Technology Window Up Module  (Read 5549 times)
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2009, 09:03:51 PM »

Just a quick recap... this module allows us to use our fobs to lock the car with the windows down and with a second click on the lock button, the windows will go up automatically.

What is involved
1.  A KPTechnologies Window up module for the Accord/TSX
2.  Some basic solidering skills
3.  A solidering tool
4.  Black Tap
5.  Large flathead wrapped with electrical tap or panel removal tool
6. #1 Phillips head screwdriver
7.  Electic wire strippers

Follow the directions for taking the door off in the DIY area.  It is very simple, roll the window down, remove 3 screws (1 under the grip on the armrest, 2 behind the door handle), take off the molding behind the side mirror, and then pop the tabs holding the panel on the door. Next unhook the door lever cable.  Finally disconnect the window module wire connection and power mirror connection.

Here's how the install went

1. Expose the wires in the loom that sits behind the speaker cut-out.
2. Wire the KPTechnologies module to the Acura wires (should not cut the wires, merely strip them and solider the KPTech wires, then wrap with black eletrical tape)
12 Volts (RED) to the Acura Green/White
Ground (BLACK) to the Acura Black

Ignition (YELLOW) to the Acura Yellow
Lock Actuator (BLUE) to the Acura Yellow/Black

Now go to the larger loom of wires on the power window connection. The loom goes into the door, I recommend running the KPTech Green wire along the same path to so you get a cleaner install.

Lock Cylinder (GREEN) to the Acura White/Red

To test, reconnect the window switch to test.  Make sure to close the door, unlock with the fob and roll all the  windows down.  Click to lock the doors and click again, waiting 5 seconds.  Your windows should roll up all the way.  If you want, you can click a 3rd time and the window will stop.

Here is a link to the video I took after we finished (cut and paste into browser).  :D

http://kptechnologies.com/winmodpics/KP ... %20013.avi

After you've completed the test, I suggest you zip tie the module on the loom to the left of the speaker cut out.

Reinstall the door panel making sure to reconnect everything.  Don't forget to clip the piece on the inner door handle cable (white/translucent piece on the cable).  I did and you'll find yourself stuck in the car.

That's it!!

This module uses simple sends a signal to the window module just like it would recieve from us using the key to close the windows, so it is merely doing the same thing, which makes it that much better of a mod!!

Information was transfered from Gen7Accord.com.
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 11:26:00 AM »

Will this work with aftermarket alarm systems?

mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 02:19:57 PM »

from personal experience, and experience of others, i would say do not purchase the KPT module. It exponentially lowers your signal strength of your key fob. Not to mention, most aftermarket alarm systems have modules like the one above specifically made to integrate into the alarm system.

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 09:05:14 AM »

Correct.  Most aftermarket alarm systems have window modules.  From what I've heard, the KPT module reduces the already short distance of your OEM key fob.  If you have an aftermarket alarm system, check to see if they have a similar module that you can use.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012