Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 06:32:04 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TSX Intake Manifold DIY / Q & A  (Read 173519 times)
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2009, 07:16:18 PM »

I love the tsx im and the gasket mod. I also got hit yesterday but then I gunned it moved out of the way soo fast. I Also love my suspension set up. Couldn't have done it with out the tl sway bar, strut bar, and coil with dampening. lol

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
rjp6262

Reputation Power: 2
rjp6262 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2009, 12:45:55 PM »

those with the gaskets installed noticed a difference right?
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2009, 08:38:41 AM »

Shit man i still have not installed mine...

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2009, 09:10:14 AM »

You serious Piero? What are you waiting on? You've had that thing for 3 months now. You don know what you're missing.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2009, 09:14:16 AM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
You serious Piero? What are you waiting on? You've had that thing for 3 months now. You don know what you're missing.

I need help!!!

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2009, 09:14:58 AM »

I got $20 that says it's still in his trunk
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2009, 11:55:57 AM »

Quote from: "ibcnunv"
Quote from: "CrackerTeg"

I need help!!!

Grow a pair and come up here.  I'll show you how to do it.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2009, 12:06:42 PM »

Or come out my way. I've already pulled this thing off at least three times since I first got it.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2009, 12:23:45 PM »

I really should get the p2r and hondata gaskets... It'd probably help out my SRI with the heatsoak in this florida weather.

The install is easy! For me it was a bitch though because I had to remove that valve thingy on the front of the old one and put it on the TSX one because it was missing. It did not want to come off, lol. I also got lucky that the TB gasket came off clean.

slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2009, 12:25:56 PM »

Quote from: "Jeff"
I really should get the p2r and hondata gaskets... It'd probably help out my SRI with the heatsoak in this florida weather.

Good info:
Quote from: "Skippy"
The P2R gasket as well as the hondata gasket are not worth it in my opinion...heat soak is not a question of "if", it's a question of "when".  No matter if you have the gasket or not, your IM will be the exact same temperature after shutdown if you drive all day.  That gasket is really only effective if the engine is used in short sprints (race activities).  For the majority of us, we're going to be driving for at least 10 minutes past warm-up, so there's really no point.  I purchased a hondata gasket for my race engine because I wanted a good template to cut my RBC manifold....I'm going to install it when the race motor gets built but I do not expect it to eliminate or even help out with heat soak.
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2009, 12:38:39 PM »

Yeah, I've been in a split decision on this for awhile. When I first got the TSX IM, I was skeptical. After awhile, I thought it'd be a relatively good solution. Plus, if you look at these dynos, the thing actually works. However, the more I think about it, the more I ask myself: when will I ever be consistently pushing the car to the max on the street? Never. Skippy makes a good point.

K24power07

Reputation Power: 3
K24power07 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2009, 08:43:51 PM »

Quick question , when ur looking for a tsx manifold and u have a manual, does the manifold have to come from a manual tsx? ....

\_(Azn)_/
  United we Stand, Divided we Fall !!!!
       http]
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2009, 08:59:52 PM »

I believe they're the same. When you're installing it for an MT, there's this little valve on the back of the intake manifold; ATs have a hose that attaches to it, MTs do not, so you have to plug up that hole. There's no mention of whether or not you have to get the AT or MT IM either, so I would think that it doesn't matter.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2009, 09:29:34 PM »

They're the same. Just plug the port on the rear like Jeff said and you'll be fine.

K24power07

Reputation Power: 3
K24power07 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2009, 10:24:03 AM »

Thanks guys...

\_(Azn)_/
  United we Stand, Divided we Fall !!!!
       http]
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print